PRINCESSHADABABYITSAFILLY!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

love_casper

Reaction score
I HAS A BABY I HAS A BABY I HAS A BABY!!!!!!!!

default_risa8.gif
default_new_multi.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_new_multi.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_new_multi.gif
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif

Also, I haven't slept in a day and a half so if this is all muddled and incoherent that would be why.

I stayed up all night watching Princess stand in the corner of her stall looking quite bored. She was at day 325 today. Went out to check on her this morning and she was dripping milk but acting fine, and EATING A LOT! Princess. We hadn't found straw anywhere around here yet so I put down a bunch of hay, and went back inside to get some sleep and leave Dad to watch her. Got back in my pjs, climbed under the covers, okay its hot ditch the pjs... glance at the camera and she takes her head out of her feed bucket, gets down and has a contraction!!! Freakin....!!! So I leap out bed, run out the door.... turn around, go back in, put pants on, run downstairs and put on the first pair of rain boots by the door and sprint back to the barn sockless and bra-less! All the while texting ~Dan, first beause it's his birthday (
default_birthday.gif
) and then... "I think she might foal on your birthday" and then "I ran to the barn with no bra and now she has the nerve to just stand there and eat!" and then "I think she's foaling now" and then "Nevermind she's eating her food again" and then "waiddaminute her water broke!" and "texting with rubber gloves is fun" ... and then a picture of the new baby!!!! Forum friends are the greatest!

Prin got down after her water broke, I tried to remember everything I've ever read on this forum and I hadn't had any coffee yet so it was a bit difficult! I saw one foot out and braved the slime and "went in." Considering I was that kid that fainted in Health Class, i don't even know how I managed that... but once you're in the moment it's not slimy and gross anymore it's just ... a thing. Found other foot was actually exactly where it was supposed to be, just farther back than I expected because... I've never actually seen this in person before. So one foot came out followed by another foot and a little nose!! You couldn't have asked for a better textbook delivery!!! I could see right there it was a pinto baby!! Prin pushed like once and it might have been 5 minutes from when I got to the barn and baby was coming out fast!! I broke the sac, she was moving before I even opened it, even before she was out up to her shoulders!! and I shouted "Lookatit its alive and everything!!" She squirted out up to her legs and the filly started trying to get up while her back legs where still in Princess!!! She wiggled the rest of herself out, broke the cord while inching toward Prin's head... and then while I tried my hand at imprinting I got about 13 and a half seconds into before filly was on her feet!! Whoops.
default_rolleyes.gif
She immediately started wobbling around the stall, through mamas food pan, making herself GREEN before she was 15 minutes old! Story of the life of a pinto right!!!

She tried running before she had walking down very good. She's all gas pedal and no brake!!!!

I wrote down the times because I knew i'd forget:

Water broke at 9:23 am.

Baby was on her feet at 9:49
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_multi.gif

9:54 she had explored the stall thoroughly

10:03 Princess passed the placenta.

Prin didn't "read" the textbook she WROTE it!!!
default_biggrin.png

She is a fabulous mama. Baby tried nursing on every part of the stall she could find and Prin kept shoving her udders in baby's face like it's HERE silly it's right HERE! And when filly would go the wrong way Prin would nudge her back there with her head. Good mommy.
default_wub.png
Having an experienced broodmare is kind of awesome. This is her 4th foal, and I'm SO HAPPY it's a filly, her first 3 were boys. Of course my only cireteria was ALIVE but I've always wanted a Prinny Filly.

Since she's such a little speed demon I wanted to call her Porsche but I have 15 cats with P names so I'm calling her Mercedes.
default_wub.png

I'm pretty sure she's smoky black. And when she dried off I think I noticed some appy mottling on her face. Will have to look better when she's asleep and cant VROOM VROOOM off while I'm trying to look!!

100_7038.jpg

100_7035.jpg

100_7048.jpg

100_7058.jpg

The pics don't really show it but she has TWO blue eyes just like dad. OH I LOVE HER.

This was freedom's first foal. He's.... *brain please work* ... this guy:

FreedomshowPrin037.jpg

And this is Prin when she's not like pregnant and stuff.

FreedomshowPrin130.jpg

Just ran in to post these before going back out... okay and to take off my slime-sloaked pants, put on some socks, and find my bra.
default_wacko.png

MY FIRST BABY IS HERE!!! I SURVIVED MY FIRST FOALING!!!! (albeit not the least bit gracefully!!!) I should sleep because my eyes feel like I'm swimming in salt water but common there's a fluffly baby in the barn to play with!!! WHEEEEEE!!!!!!

Mercedes is 1/2 brother to my little Charm who is kind of a forum baby too.
default_wub.png

WHEEEEE!!!

Glad she is here and all went well and she is doing great.

She looks awesome.

LOL!! Loved your explanation - and can well understand how you are feeling!!

MANY CONGRATULATIONS on your fantastic new filly.
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

She's gorgeous - Prinny has done you proud (with a little help from Daddy of course)

Anna

Your post and story just radiats your excitement! Your little one shares a birthday with Santas Helper too, Robin!! Congratulations !! Shes darling!

default_birthday.gif
Mercedes
default_birthday.gif
Robin
default_birthday.gif
Dan

Congratulations on your new, beautiful pinto filly!!! I thoroughly enjoyed reading your story and can certainly relate to it! LOL

Pam

I just saw your post on FB - a BIG congratulations to you and Princess!!!! Man, I sure wish we were still neighbors, 'cuz you know I'd be on my way over to give you guys a big hug!!!! Congrats
default_smile.png
:)

Liz R.

CONGRATULATIONS on your first foaling!!!
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif
And Congratulations on your beautiful little girl!
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif
She is beautiful!
default_wub.png

Oh congrats! She's beautiful!!
default_wub.png

She was born on my birthday!
default_aktion033.gif

Ya done good!
default_yes.gif

default_new_rofl.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_cheekkiss.gif

Oh Alex, I was giggling and grinning and pumping my fist for you through that whole story. It so sums up the feelings!! Congratulations on a BEAUTIFUL baby who is clearly all go, and on such an easy foaling. Prinny did good!

Isn't it funny how what is totally gross when it's in the abstract simply doesn't matter when it's part of something you love?

Leia

What a giggle! you sound calm and collected just like me
laugh.gif
I am so happy that all went well and that we have finally found out who wrote the "book" Congrats she is just adorable and so is mama
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

Alex, congratulations! She is absolutely lovely. I LOL'd all the way through your story! I know EXACTLY how you felt. What a rush it is.

Enjoy your baby! I know you will, I will be looking for updates!

You both did a GREAT job! Congratulations on an adorable baby. Love that last pic the best! Such a pretty head.

Latest posts

Back