what color is Belle?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To me she looks Palomino. But I could be wrong
default_smile.png
She is very pretty though!

I think she's a palomino, but when she sheds out, it will be easier to tell. She will likely shed out either slightly lighter (palomino) or slightly darker (flaxen chestnut) than she is now.

I would say palomino or a chestnut with a flaxen mane and tail

Thanks...I don't know her parents color, I will ask when they bring her.

I don't know why but, I didn't know they shed or would change colors. Is there a certain brush that will help with shedding? What type of brushes do I need or grooming items?

You can pick up basic grooming kits at a place like Tractor Supply, they'll usually have a dandy brush, shedding blade, hoof pick, mane/tail comb and a few other odds and ends. Perhaps a basic grooming book or video would be in order too; grooming is a good time to bond with your horse.

Horses shed twice a year, once in the spring to get rid of their woolie winter coat (lots of shedding this time), and once in the fall to shed the short summer coat while they grow in their winter long coat (this shed won't be very noticeable).

Good deal! Thanks so much for the info. I will look into a video & see if they can show me any tips with her when they drop her off.

My friends mini, in the winter he looks like a silver bay, and then when she had him clipped, he looks like a dapple gray with a flaxen mane and tail and then he turns almost a palomino color in the summer lol. His parents I believe were a chestnut app (sire) and the mother was like a blue roan type appy.

Latest posts

Back