What are your exciting crosses for 2009'

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a fun topic! Wow, there are going to be some nice babies next year!

Well, 08 was pretty disappointing for us as far as foals go, We lost both of our expected '08 foals, one last summer and one stillborn at 293 - 301 days in March....

BUT... we are really excited about next year's hoped-for foals! (And also some new additions this year that are in the works
default_wink.png
)

We are planning on 3 foals for 2009:

~ Deiles Tidbit (Wittmack's Mickey Mouse x Komokos TidBit) is being bred (right now!) to Little Kings Prince Echo (Little King's Buck Echo x Aaprina In Buck Commander Jhenla)

Tidbit has had many beautiful refined show foals and we are really excited to see this one! Prince is a gorgeous buckskin with tons of attitude, you can never have too much attitude.

~ Star Farms Whitney (Sierra Dawn Uno De Mayo x Gracey Mae) will also be bred to Little Kings Prince Echo later this month. Whitney is the dam to several reserve National Champions and Champions.

~ Kickapoo's Hot Tamale AMHA Top Ten (Hemlock Brooks Cock Robin x Johnson's Missy) is being bred (right now!) to Little King's Russian Rocko (Little King's White Russian x Bitty Betsy)

Molly is the dam to Brandi's Melody, here on the forum.

Fingers crossed for some nice show babies! Good luck to everyone with their plans!

I am actually breeding my new mare this summer to have a foal next season. I am going to breed her to the same stud that she has already had 4 perfect, beautiful foals with already! With one of them being my boy Wilbur! I have always wanted a baby, and I think this will be a great experience with a mare and stud that I know have already produced gorgeous babies in the past! I own the mare, but the lady I bought her from still owns the stud. I will be bringing her back over to her place to breed them. As a matter of fact, I would be curious if anyone one here owns any of the foals now. If you own one that has Docs Dun Rocking as their Dam, please let me know! I would love to know to how they are doing and what they look like now. I have only ever seen pictures of them as small foals. Here are there pictures:

My mare, Docs Dun Rocking (AMHR & PtHA)

FWFManesNTailsDocsDunRocking2.jpg

And here is the stud, a black and white pinto, Manes N Tails Blackie

FWFManesNTails.jpg

I am hoping to get a black and white from them (they have produced one) but I would be okay with another dun pinto (they have produced 2) or even a bay (they have produced one).
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a Very Fun Topic!
default_smile.png

Great Crosses Everyone
default_yes.gif

I am Very EXCITED about my Hopeful 09' Foals!
default_wub.png

Lazy Bear Lady Sapphire "Sapphire"

AMHA/AMHR Sorrel Rowdy Bred - Carrying Agouti, Splash & Sabino (Possibly Silver Haven't had her tested yet)

(not very Good Pics)

l_6d591c502728190728dac8ccc4ca681e.jpg
sapphire2drive08.JPG

Will be Breed to:

Fallen Ash Farms Mine by Design (owned by Debault Farms)

AMHA/AMHR Smokey Black Pinto Fallen Ash Farms Dark Design Son

National Top Ten Halter Stallion

Design.jpg

and then:

A Summer Place Je Tieme "Je T'aime"

AMHA/AMHR Black Appaloosa Rowdy/Blue Boy Bred

(Pictured here without any sweating or show Conditioning)

l_a6f13263d26a5e120eb3114ed58229c5.jpg

Will be Breed to:

Westwind Sir Prize Surprize (also owned by Debault Farms)

AMHA/AMHR Silver Bay Boones Little BTU Crown Prince Son

Sirprize.jpg

and then and then: (My Finale Pair)

Lilac Acre Jazz Secret Keeper "Jazz"

AMHA/AMHR Sorrel Pinto - Homozygous for Tobiano Fondation Pedigree

l_f9c28b9159bb4528d7cd1ab0c89e8256.jpg

Will be Breed to:

Our Very Own

MCMs Silver Cloud "Tazer"

AMHA/AMHR Black & White Pinto - Homozygous for Black Buckeroo/Show Time Bred

l_d81c146a7f209f8a9469f7053d18b5d8.jpg
tazer20monthsold7.JPG
tazer20monthsold.JPG
tazer20monthsold6.JPG

Looks like everyone has some beautiful babies to look forward to next year! A few of you will have your first homebred foals, that's exciting!
default_yes.gif
default_laugh.png

Fun topic, I like seeing what everyone's planning.

Latest posts

Back