What about blades?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little Indian Acres

Reaction score
I thought since we had a good clipper discussion going, maybe one on blades. I am sure that many others are also in the market for buying blades, I don't think a mini owner can ever have "too many" clipper blades.

I know I need to get a few more and have started to look. Any suggestions?

I prefer to buy ones that will last.

The clippers and blades that I have been looking at have been in the Jeffers catalog. I'm not sure if i'll buy from there or not but they have a pretty big variety to look at all at once.

I love the Ultraedge Andis blades! They are the ones in the jeffers catalog too. They have lasted the longest out of any of the ones I have tried and I have tried lots!

I love, love, love the Andis Ceramic Edge blades, they don't get dull as quickly as the other steel or titanium blades, especially with the clay dirt I have here. Even clipping dirty, which would dull my old steel blades within 10 mins, I can do the preggy mare belly clip, heads, bridle paths, etc and keep going, no dull blades! I purchased one of them a few years ago, and I haven't had to replace it yet! I'm in love with them, only down side if you drop them on a hard surfact like cement the ceramic part of the blade will break.

I thought since we had a good clipper discussion going, maybe one on blades. I am sure that many others are also in the market for buying blades, I don't think a mini owner can ever have "too many" clipper blades.
I know I need to get a few more and have started to look. Any suggestions?

I prefer to buy ones that will last.
The cheapest place I have found quality blades is PetEdge.com! Although I can't tell you how the shipping prices are as I pick the stuff up myself since I live pretty close!

~Tammy

Double diamond has Oster blades on sale for $17 with free shipping.

Do titanium blades really stay sharp "8x" longer than steel blades? If so I found somewhere that has them around the same price as a steel blade. Might pick some up. If not, they have the cheapo steel blades for like $12.

All I can say is using Laube Blades compared to Oster Blades is like NIGHT and DAY! LAubes are like cutting butter they are so nice!!!

I buy the Andis or Oster blades at Petsmart, cryogenic or ultra edge, whichever they have in stock. I'll share a little secret.
default_wink.png
If you have a Petsmart around you, they will price match. I search the internet and find one of the above blades (which I know Petsmart carries) at the lowest price, print the page, take it to Petsmart and they will price match it for me. This way, it saves me time (don't have to wait for the mail) and I also save on shipping, but i do have to pay for tax which is much less than shipping. The last blade I bought there saved me $10 by price matching! Gotta love it
default_laugh.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, I also got quite a few IMs and appreciate all the advice.

Stupid question, do/can you sharpen ceramic edge ones still?

I buy the Andis or Wahl blades at Petsmart, cryogenic or ultra edge, whichever they have in stock. I'll share a little secret.
default_wink.png
If you have a Petsmart around you, they will price match. I search the internet and find one of the above blades (which I know Petsmart carries) at the lowest price, print the page, take it to Petsmart and they will price match it for me. This way, it saves me time (don't have to wait for the mail) and I also save on shipping, but i do have to pay for tax which is much less than shipping. The last blade I bought there saved me $10 by price matching! Gotta love it
default_laugh.png

You know, I sometimes make them price match their online prices but have never thought about price matching them for online stuff with other companies. sheesh.
default_wacko.png

Do the andis ceramic edge blades fit the double k's. Which blades are better the andis ultra edge or the ceramic? Which brand of blades are the best Andis, Oster, Wahl, or ????. I need them for double k's so they must fit them. Thanks
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back