What a Weekend!

• Thread starter Triggy&Blue&Daisy Too
  • Start date
Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

Triggy&Blue&Daisy Too

I took the day off Friday to move Daisy to a semi temporary home at my friend's place but her horses were very sick after being at a schooling show last weekend so I couldn't take her there and risk her getting sick.  I had to find a place for her to go as I'd given my notice and her previous stall was taken by a new boarder so on short notice I did find another place.  When I visited I was shown a nice big, bright airy stall but when I arrived with Daisy they were going to put her some dank, dark little $hit pit they called the quarantine area for 30 days. I was so upset and exhausted I was now yelling like a crazy woman and I never yell at people unless they've put me over the edge. 
new_let_it_all_out.gif
NO WAY IS MY HORSE GOING IN THERE AND WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME SOONER YOU (expletive, expletive)!!!

So back on the trailer for poor Daisy and she sat in my driveway, thankfully distracted by her dinner, while I called as many places that would answer.  Finally one lady said they'd let her stay until we found a place for her. It was 30 miles away but I had to get her off loaded so she could destress. They made her up a nice bed although Daisy was a tight fit I was finally able to get her off the trailer about 10:30 pm Saturday night. By this time she'd been on the trailer for most of the afternoon so God Bless them!

Well today I spent all morning calling and checking places out and finally was referred to what I can only describe as a 5 star show horse facility.  Every place is booked for the winter so it's a tough time to be looking for boarding.

When I pulled up the driveway, I thought I'd NEVER be able to afford this, huge beautiful stalls, all the amenities anyone could every think of and even close to my house.   Well, I was pleasantly surprised and will only be paying $25 more the first really nice facility I was at but this new place is absolutely to die for and I won't have to worry about the care she'll be getting. It was one of the last stalls anywhere decent and within a 30 mile radius.

Before I left, Daisy had a new home. One last trip on the trailer, Daisy was probably thinking, Gawd here we go again 
wacko.gif
  We arrived back there at 4:00 this afternoon and as she stepped off the trailer and I could almost hear her say, Now this is what I'm accustomed to
rolleyes.gif
She looked around the barn and you could just tell she was in her element.

The owner is already in love with her and asked me if I'd like a free evaluation of her potential  from her trainer.  She said Daisy is easily worth about 4 times what I paid for her and if she has the talent to match she could be worth many times that but I could never sell her for any amount though.

You can just see how happy she is (me too)! Thanks God
wub.gif
for keeping us safe throughout it all and providing such a happy conclusion! I can finally relax
yes.gif

Anyway here is her new house and Daisy finally tucked safe and sound into her new bed.

barn.jpg

daz.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! That looks like horsey heaven and a great place to go to to work with Daisy. Now why can't all people be that accomodating. I am just glad you found her a place as nice as that and at a less pricey range! She is beautiful as always and looks quite content!

Glad it all ended well -- looks like a lovely place for her to stay!

JJ

I"m sure glad you found a place for Daisy. She must have been as frustrated as you were. Finally a happy ending for you both!

WOW! What a Beautiful Place!!!

Congratulations on finding such a great place for a great price!!! She actually does look very happy in her new digs too! ;)

Nancy
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back