What a great opportunity!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ForMyACDs

Reaction score
I received an email about 5 weeks ago from a woman my husband works with . She is on a committee for the area YWCA and they were planning a 25th anniversary celebration for their Executive Director and decided they would like to have a commemorative painting done (three portraits and the building). She suggested my name so they wanted to know if I'd be interested.

Well......I'm still only learning to paint, but they were convinced it was something that I would be able to handle (don't know why they thought that, but I suspect it may have to do with my husband's bragging). I'm also a bit of a slow painter so the first thing I did was sit down with my instructor. I have this instructor for two classes (Illustration Painting II and Rendering) and I needed his opinion as to whether he thought this project was beyond me. His words? "GET THE JOB!!" He said the project could be counted for both of my classes and he said he'd help me if I needed it.

Finishing the painting in 4 weeks was TOUGH but I did it and earlier this week was the dedication ceremony. I still didn't "feel" the the painting was done but I was out of time and couldn't make any more changes.

Anyway, here it is (not a very good photo, but for now it's the only one I have):

362605791.jpg

and here is a photo after the presentation:

362605793.jpg

NOW I need to get caught up on my other projects because next week is the final week of classes & I'm VERY behind!!! YIKES!

Very nice!

I don't know how you can think you are not good enough to do something like this, the proof is right there in front of you.
default_thumbup.gif
default_aktion033.gif

I couldn't have done that in five months!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys! My concern was mostly the timing........the last detailed oil painting I did took an ENTIRE semester! I'd also never painted a building before (and have since decided that I don't like painting buildings at all!) and the large portraits were pretty intimidating for me (I'd only done small figures before now).

For comparison.....here's the painting that took ALL semester (I know it's a bit odd......the assignment was to paint something illustrating the lyrics of a particular song):

346010573.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you did a WONDERFUL job! WHOOO HOOOO!!!!!

Keep up the good work!!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_yes.gif

Your work is fantastic and you should be very proud of yourself. I would be lucky if I could draw a stick figure and have someone GUESS what it was suppose to be.
default_laugh.png
I always admire anyone who can paint and draw, and it seems that this forum has a few very talented artist.

Thanks guys! It's been a rough semester for me. My last class of the semester was yesterday, but I have a project that is still not quite complete. My instructor wants it done for the show next week, but has already graded me on what's complete. When I get it finished I'll photograph it. I'm pretty darn proud of it.

What talent you have! Both pictures look wonderful!

I am amazed at the art talent on this forum-you alll do such great work!

Latest posts

Back