What a difference....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Allure Ranch

Reaction score
What a difference.... I've been taking pictures over the years with one darn camera after another and darn the luck I can NEVER get a good photo. I've tried Flip Video, Kodak, my cell phone you name it. Finally, purchased a Nikon COOLPIX S9300 and I'm so pleased. No distorted pixel, I can zoom 18x and no longer having to wait for the camera to reset itself before I take the next photo. Now I just need to know what the heck I'm doing when taking photos. Needless to say I still don't claim to be a professional....

I'm so excited about this darn camera I just had to share.....

I took these photos the other day of our stallion Marystown Cowboy Wild Spirit.... He's eight years old now but he still looks like he did when he was shown as a yearling.

423375_4409679320381_1363454199_n.jpg

427555_4409668240104_1637379656_n.jpg

376768_4409656839819_1768551433_n.jpg

Beautiful pictures.

Could you please let us know how it works on movement shots?

Im looking at getting a new camera as my poor Cannon Powershot SD1000 is very old now and beat up. (Not to mention the 7.1 Mega Pixels is well.....)

And while the standing and posing pictures are awesome still for the most part on it... the movement ones are very degraded now.

And for nice driving pictures they actually have to be moving LOL.

Thanks for the review.

Beautiful horse! great camera too! LOVE nikon. i recently got the nikon D3100! its awesome!!! Silverrose farms - it takes amazing motion shots!

I'll be trying that out sometime this week since I have some weanling babies that don't have any idea how to set-up.
default_yes.gif
I'm hoping that it handles equally as nice on motion footage and will allow for photos to be selected out of it without any distortion. Purchased mine at Costco after talking to several other individuals about there Nikon camera's.

Very nice. You should show us how the weanling pictures turn out
default_smile.png

I bought the Nikon Coolpix L120 last Dec. It has a 21X zoom. I'm loving it, but I still have a lot to learn about it. :)

Beautiful stallion BTW!

Once I do the weanling footage I attach the photos that I'm going to attempt to extract from the video and place them on this post. So far I couldn't be happier with this camera.
default_yes.gif
It's like I've gone through a time warp.... Ha!

What I hate is when you click to take a picture and then 3 seconds later (after your shot is gone) the camera takes the darn picture.

Before I got my Canon EOS Reble T1i I had a Nikon Coolpix and I loved it, it was a great little camera. A tip on the action shots; hold the shutter button half way down to focus before hand so that when you are ready to take the shot you can just push it the rest of the way and it will be almost instantaneous. If you do not push the button until you see that perfect shot you will miss it as the camera will still have to focus. I had good luck taking jumping pictures with that camera. Your photos are beautiful!

Latest posts

Back