We're Almost Ready!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I put her out into the lot for some exercise. She's all alone.

Her milk seems to be cloudy, and a nasty salty/bland taste?

I don't think she'll go today.

034.jpg

035.jpg

036.jpg

I wouldn't take my eyes off her if I was you. Putting her out might be just the incentive she needs, at least that is what happened to me.

I wouldn't take my eyes off her if I was you. Putting her out might be just the incentive she needs, at least that is what happened to me.
That's what I'm hoping will happen.
unsure.gif

wow what great updates, thanks for sharing this with us. I would be slleping in the barn tonight if I were you. Safe foaling
default_saludando.gif

wow what great updates, thanks for sharing this with us. I would be slleping in the barn tonight if I were you. Safe foaling
default_saludando.gif
Really? I'm sorry, but I honestly really don't know why you're saying that....(Sorry. I'm disappointed she didn't go last night, lol. I'm whiny!
biggrin.gif
)

What about her is making you say that?
wacko.gif

Judging by the size of her milk bar and her wooty, she looks very close. Her milk could be sticky and sweet just a few hours before foaling. These mares love to keep us guessing so we never get the full picture as to when they will foal but your mare is sure looking close.

The last thing that needs to happen is her milk needs to change.....everything else is nearly in place. Her vulva is long and relaxed (almost open) but the color is too light.

The last thing that needs to happen is her milk needs to change.....everything else is nearly in place. Her vulva is long and relaxed (almost open) but the color is too light.
Well I'll tell you, I've foaled out at least 16 foals out of several mares and not once could I rely on vulva color, and I've had them foal on me with all kinds of colored and textured milk. Out of those 16 foalings, only 2-3 times did the mare have the WHITE milk.
default_wacko.png

Looking at the pics you've posted the last couple days, I'd much rather be sleeping in the barn and losing sleep keeping an eye on her, then thinking she's got another day or two because her milk isn't white nor vulva dark red. These girls are too unpredictable!
default_yes.gif

Don't relay on possible last minute signs - they often dont happen/show. If I was you I would bundle myself up nice and warm, take a thermos of coffee or something and go sit quietly somewhere in your barn and watch that mare! She's going to pop very soon - good luck!

Anna

Don't relay on possible last minute signs - they often dont happen/show. If I was you I would bundle myself up nice and warm, take a thermos of coffee or something and go sit quietly somewhere in your barn and watch that mare! She's going to pop very soon - good luck!

Anna
Thanks. I put her in her stall tonight. Her milk seemed to have changed some....

Bow's in for the night. I checked her milk and it came out pretty easy. It was cloudy and thick. It definitely did not taste salty but it DID have a pleasant taste!

So, close?

I will say that I think I caught her vulva at a bad time, so it wasn't very relaxed.

038.jpg

039.jpg

040.jpg

keep us posted! I think she is very ready! I have been watching your posts with an eagle eye. :D

keep us posted! I think she is very ready! I have been watching your posts with an eagle eye. :D
Haha, you're the only one!

I've been told that she doesn't look ready yet. I'll still be keeping an eye on her though.

Super relaxed at 3:30 and her milk is the tackiest its ever been.

Not long now then (possibly LOL!) Good luck, fingers crossed for you and Bow.
default_yes.gif

Anna

I think I remember people saying how the manure of a pregnant mare will become cow patty types. I think Bow has that down. For the past day her vulva and rectum have been smeared with poo.

001.JPG

Her bag is still full and milk is the same.

005.JPG

I think that Bow's belly could drop more. She's still kind of wide.

008.JPG

009.JPG

I think I remember people saying how the manure of a pregnant mare will become cow patty types. I think Bow has that down. For the past day her vulva and rectum have been smeared with poo.

View attachment 1319

Her bag is still full and milk is the same.

View attachment 1320

I think that Bow's belly could drop more. She's still kind of wide.

View attachment 1321

View attachment 1322

We had a baby born last night and I would have never bet on it. She wasn't even fully bagged! Your mare looks way more ready then Annie ever did
yes.gif

4/25/11 Night Update:

Her vulva has darkened. Although, it wasn't relaxed when I took the picture. Bow keeps tightening up when I go near her tail....

011.JPG

012.JPG

Her bag hasn't decreased even though I let her out all day. Her teats seemed to be waxed, but that could have been from this morning, but I never did try too much then. So, maybe?

014.JPG

Her milk is a cloudy yellow?

010.JPG

Latest posts

Back