went to a show and sale today to sell my soaps

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twister

Reaction score
Went to Never Ending Ranch today for a show and sale and look what I came home with a breeding pair of Silver Pheasants, they are so beautiful and happy in their new pen.

DSC03785.jpg

DSC03786.jpg

DSC03788.jpg

DSC03792.jpg

They are neat looking. Are they full grown? I know Zero about chickens and pheasants....will you get their eggs too?
yes they are full grown, they are about 2 years old and I am hopeful that they will breed babies. They like a place to hide away so we have them in an extra dog run that I have and it is covered for shade and we put some branches in there so they have a place to hide away.

Yvonne

Kim

From what I saw the show went well, I saw Nick there with Lori and I saw Mack, he looks good with his hair cut
default_biggrin.png
I didn't take any horses, I was a vendor, I had a table set up to sell my soaps and homemade dog treats. There was a good turnout. I also bought 2 absolutely fabulous show jackets from a lady that was there, she handmakes them, I think she was from the Sudbury area. I will post pics later.

Yvonne

Hi, those are very cool pheasants!! As usual I never got a chance to get around once things got going! I was disappointed that I didnt get to see your soaps!!

The show went very well I think. We had 35 exhibators, and many more horses. Everyone seemed to have alot of fun! Not to bad for our first show! Thank you for coming!!!

Hi, those are very cool pheasants!! As usual I never got a chance to get around once things got going! I was disappointed that I didnt get to see your soaps!!
The show went very well I think. We had 35 exhibators, and many more horses. Everyone seemed to have alot of fun! Not to bad for our first show! Thank you for coming!!!
Kelly It went very well indeed, I will be showing next year you can bet on that
default_biggrin.png
Alex and I had a lot of fun chatting to the people that came by and trying things on at Cindys.

Yvonne

We can hardly wait for next year LOL I am glad you had a good day!! Do you have pictures of your soaps???

LOL!!! Why am I not surprised, Yvonne?! So what did Sean say about the pheasants? After the "bargain" you got on the jackets
default_wink.png
, he probably couldn't say much about a couple of birds.... LOL!!

I was a good girl and didn't come home with a budgie, bunny, OR kitten!

LOL!!! Why am I not surprised, Yvonne?! So what did Sean say about the pheasants? After the "bargain" you got on the jackets
default_wink.png
, he probably couldn't say much about a couple of birds.... LOL!!
I was a good girl and didn't come home with a budgie, bunny, OR kitten!
lol I sent him a text asking what he would think if I arrived home with a pair of silver pheasants, he said it was ok by him but where was I going to put them. We solved that little problem with a spare dog run I had and they seem to like it. When I left you were in the ring showing, whose horse was it?

Yvonne

Oh how very beautiful! Back a few years I started to raise Pheasants. (Yellow Goldens to be exact.) Since I come from a chicken background they were a bit flighty for me and so soon sold them all and kept going with my chickens. Each time I'd go in the Pheasant's coop they'd fly into the walls and bounce off the ceiling and I got scared they would end up hurting themselves. A breeder told me I needed to put up some of that soft netting for them as all my coops are chicken wire based.

Oh I would have loved to have seen your soaps! What kind did you make?

Oh how very beautiful! Back a few years I started to raise Pheasants. (Yellow Goldens to be exact.) Since I come from a chicken background they were a bit flighty for me and so soon sold them all and kept going with my chickens. Each time I'd go in the Pheasant's coop they'd fly into the walls and bounce off the ceiling and I got scared they would end up hurting themselves. A breeder told me I needed to put up some of that soft netting for them as all my coops are chicken wire based.
Oh I would have loved to have seen your soaps! What kind did you make?
I made some goatsmilk and some shea butter and some glycerin. Lucky I made the goatsmilk because there was a lady there that bought a bag of them, she had a skin condition that stopped her from using commercial soaps and the only kind she could use was goatsmilk. These pheasants are quite bold, I go in their run to give them fresh water and the hen goes to hide but the male stands there and looks at me. We put some branches and straw in for them and the hen likes to nestle in the straw behind the branches.

Yvonne

Latest posts

Back