Went to a BLM Mustang adoption event today

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sfmini

Reaction score
There were 5 burros
Burros.jpg

and many mustangs. Mares, geldings, stallions. Today was a preview, tomorrow and Sunday are the actual adoptions. Libby (Mistyrose) and I took our cameras and Lily and spent some time taking pictures. Lily had a grand time being loved on by many people. Only one person mistook her for a Pembroke :DOH! It was a great socializing opportunity.
Mustangs1.jpg

Mustangs2.jpg

Mustangs3.jpg

Mustangs4.jpg

Those are really nice pictures! Would it be ok if I used them in my final science project? Its on what happens to the mustangs when they begin to over-populate their ecosytem.

~Megan

I always thought it would be fun to go pick out and adopt a mustang and train it. My fav out of your pictures are the black one on the far right in the 2nd photo and the chestnut or sorrel in the 5th photo.

I hope they all get good loving homes.

Awe i hope they get good homes, those donkeys always pull my heart strings for some reason, just always had a soft spot for them
default_wub.png

Did they have any minis by any chance?

The actual auction is tomarrow. Im going to try to make it and watch but NO i am not bringing home a mustang lol

A friend has one of the few permits in the state for mustangs. It is for 2,000 total per month. They keep all the foals but must maintain all the accepted mustangs & care for them until they pass on. A monthly fee is paid per mustang to care for them by the BLM/govt. They are wonderful to watch gazing on his pastures. There is almost ever type, color & age mixed in. He is related to Waltons/
default_smile.png
Wal-mart; his primary job. Glad someone is able to care for them like they are taken care of.
default_smile.png

I have gone to a few BLM adoptions, but they always tug at my heart and I want so bad for all of them to find perfect loving homes, so now I TRY to stay away from them. We have a neighbor who breeds/raises spanish mustangs. I know--not the same but still mustangs. I hope all of these horses and donks found homes.

[SIZE=12pt]This is what you can have after LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of time, patience and training. This was 20 years after Chica was captured in WY. We lost Chica (Miss American Pie) while I was away managing a show, when I was pregnant with Zac. I had been blessed with her for 21 years
default_wub.png
[/SIZE]

Mia%20and%20Chica%201.jpg

Back