Does anyone know any big horse people near NE AR?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chaos Ranch

Reaction score
Mary Lou... I sure hope this is ok. I'm not trying to advertise anything for anyone.. I'm trying to find something for myself and hoping that someone here might be able to help me.

I have always always wanted a leopard appaloosa.... but a specific type. I wanted a loud full leopard appaloosa with lots of great big spots. I prefer bay, chestnut, or black spots ... don't want palomino, buckskin, or any other dilute spots... not really crazy about plain ol red spots, but would take them if that's all I could get.

I had miniature horses from Mar. of 2002 thru Nov. of 2007 and in all that time I only had 2 appaloosas... but one was a few spot that had the silver gene, so he was all white. The other was a heavily varnished snowcap and he had no real spots.

Now that I don't have the lil guys anymore, and I have 4 big horses (I say big, but I don't think any of them stands over 15hh). There is a grey BLM mustang mare, a black BLM mustang mare, a gorgeous bay BLM mustang gelding, and a very small little quarter horse filly. She's sorrel. They told me she was 3 years old this year, but judging by her tail and her "awkward" type of build right now I honestly this this little filly is just a 2 year old. Her tail just barely reaches her knees, and she doesn't have any appaloosa in her at all so I know it's not that.

Well.. anyway. We're all interested in riding together, as family and also within the community as we have loads of horse riders all around us that ride the country roads all the time. Very social people. Donnie says I need that.. (lol... basically telling me I need to "get a life"
default_biggrin.png
) so I am wanting to get a specific type of horse to be all my own.

Ok.. I've lived in Arkansas for 13 and a half years. I've seen hundreds, if not thousands of horses down here ... we go often to peoples houses and see their horses and what-npt....we also enjoy just driving the gravel roads and looking at the scenery. In all these years I have only seen 2 appaloosas here. Only 2. I know of a girl that says she has one... but he's hers, and she wont part with him. I have tried and tried to find Appaloosa breeders down here in Arkansas... or southern MO. ... or western KY, TN., or northern MS. and I just can't find any. When The three or found that I did check out online either hadn't updated their site since 2003 or they sold all of their sales horses... but didn't have the type of horse I was looking for anyways.

Here's what I want. Gelding. MUST be a gelding. Loud, large spotted leopard appaloosa. Cannot be bigger than 15 hh. I prefer about 14.1... 14.2... but could probably tolerate 15 but no bigger. ( Hope that's a good enough size, I'm 5'6" and go between 160 and 170). I really really want the horse to already be broke, dead broke... bombproof broke lol... and I honestly prefer him to be over 5 years old, that juvinile playfulness is too much for me. I need a horse that's not spooky, doesn't jump, run up on you, push you, or anything like that because my vision is going as many of you know, and often times I don't catch sudden movements from the side until they already have impacted some part of my body. If I do catch sight of them, I can't quickly identify a way out of the way and end up getting hit anyway. SO... gentle and lazy is great.

The kicker... the part that eliminates most of the prospects I've found is price... I don't want to be a beggar, don't want to play my sad song at all.. but we're a family of 7 getting by on a factory workers check and a disability check.... my husband just doesn't have it in his power to spend the money that a horse like that is rightly worth. So that further narrows down the field of possibilities for me. BUT... I honestly believe that there is one out there that is exactly what I'm looking for... and that we will be able to afford the one that is meant for me. I believe in fate... I really do.

I've had really good horses before that just didn't "feel" right to me... sold them and they turned out to be perfectly suited for their new owners. Fate ...

I did find one guy. He's everything I listed off... perfectly suited. Except that he's 6 hours away, and he's $1500. now don't get me wrong...that's a VERY fair prices... but fair and possible are not standing really close to each other for me right now. I showed him to Donnie on the internet. I had just told Donnie quality by quality what I was looking for, then half an hour later ran across that guy and coudln't believe the luck... but he said it's just a few steps outside of what we're able to do right now...and I understand. He's a hard working man that does his very best to get us the things that make us happy... I don't want to push him too hard.

SO... I'm very sorry for all that rambling up there... but does anyone on here know of anyone that might have a gelding that gets close to my wish list that might live within 200 miles of NE Arkansas? Maybe not far from Memphis, TN. or Dyersburg, TN. or Paducah, KY., or Poplar Bluff, MO.? I might possibly get him to go as far as just below St. Louis... on the US. 55 route that runs to Poplar Bluff, MO. but I don't think I could get him to go further than that.

I've already been all over the equine.com, and equinehits.com and horsetopia, and webpony websites...found about 3 but they were all "need firm handed rider"... .or "LOVES to run and will at any given opportunity"... or "Not broke". None of that will work for me.
default_unsure.png

Any help at all with a website address or phone number or something would be greatly appreciated.

default_yes.gif

Back