Well, wasn't THAT confusing!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Field-of-Dreams

Reaction score
Here I've been thinking Thanksgiving is next week, after all, that's what the calendar says.....

THE CALENDAR IS WRONG! Holy cow, I would have never noticed had they hadn't been saying how short the Christmas shopping season is! I wouldn't have shown up for work next week! Good thing I didn't have airline tickets- what a disaster THAT would have been!

The sad thing? It's the AMHA calendar that they give away every year with your membership. I always take that one to the office and use it there. And last year's calendar had a mistake, too, they had Daylight Savings changed on the wrong day! AMHA needs to get a better printer (or proofreader!)

calendar pic.JPG

Well, if you have that calendar pictured up for this year, its wrong, cause my calendar says Thursday falls on November 21 and 28, the 28th being Thanksgiving. [That looks like last year's calendar in the picture, which would make Thanksgiving Nov 22, cause that was the 4th Thursday, Last Year.]

Well, on the bright side, (assuming Chanda is right and this is last year's calendar) you caught the mistake before a full year was up!
default_wink.png

I bought a calendar like this one year though!! I can't remember which holiday it was, but it was incorrect!! And yes, it IS very confusing, especially when you *THINK* you know when it is supposed to be, and the calendar is staring you in the face telling you that you are wrong! LOL!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, if you have that calendar pictured up for this year, its wrong, cause my calendar says Thursday falls on November 21 and 28, the 28th being Thanksgiving. [That looks like last year's calendar in the picture, which would make Thanksgiving Nov 22, cause that was the 4th Thursday, Last Year.]

Nope, it's 2013. Thursday IS the 21st on that one.

calendar pic2.JPG

I noticed this too and figured it odd b/c I always thought Thanksgiving was the third thursday in Nov. Not the fourth. Good catch.

Nope, it's 2013. Thursday IS the 21st on that one.

attachicon.gif
calendar pic2.JPG
I couldn't see the whole calendar before, now I can see it, and Thanksgiving has been the fourth Thursday in November for as long as I can remember.

Oops, could really cause someone problems who relies on that calendar to schedule vacations or appointments.

Thanksgiving has been the fourth Thursday in November for as long as I can remember.
I haven't really any idea when Thanksgiving is celebrated in the US but according to that calendar the 22nd is the 4th Thursday because the 1rst was on a Thursday.

---the confusion continues---
default_whistling.gif
default_wacko.png

I had always heard that Thanksgiving, was always the "last" Thursday, of the month, which comes out to the 4th week. At least you caught it before you didn't show up for work.

I haven't really any idea when Thanksgiving is celebrated in the US but according to that calendar the 22nd is the 4th Thursday because the 1rst was on a Thursday.

---the confusion continues---
default_whistling.gif
default_wacko.png
Except that that is Friday's line, which is the same confusion I had. And, AMHA marked Thanksgiving (wrong) plus their Thanksgiving holiday (Friday, adding to the confusion).

So, I looked it up, seems Thanksgiving is suppose to be on the fourth Thursday of the month of November.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanksgiving, or Thanksgiving Day, is a holiday celebrated in the United States on the fourth Thursday in November. It has been an annual tradition since 1863, when, during the Civil War,

well this is from the dictionary so I guess I'm wrong for sure about it being the 3rd thursday . It's apparently very late this year as nov 1st was a Friday

default_frusty.gif
I was sure it was the third , but I'm wrong

I wonder how many people using that AMHA calendar has bought turkey early, invited people over for the 22nd and won't show up for work that day?
default_oops.gif

I believe Thanksgiving is as late in Nov. as it can EVER be, this year …probably one reason businesses are opening on the holiday, offering 'Black Friday'type deals well BEFORE Thanksgiving, and doing all sorts of add'n. things to get people BUYING before that day…because as we all know, it's all about spending money on gifts, right???

In fact,I make it a point NOT to participate in the buying frenzy. Might be more likely to buy when more things come back to being 'Made in the USA'!!

Latest posts

Back