WELCOME IRISH SPRINGS FARM to TENN

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
edited: how dumb. I keep thinking of the soap, it's Irish Hills not Irish Springs.....

Sheryl just moved here Sunday from Michigan, just an hour from me. Less than that, once she learns the back roads.

Sheryl is a AMHR judge and has plans to get a good strong club going here with shows that will have points. Clinics will be in order, and with any luck I may finally learn to drive. (a horse). Sheryl is not only beautiful but hyper and will be a great asset to Tennessee Miniature Horse lovers.

Here's JINX that she bought from Erica who I have in storage for her. She's very busy preparing a barn and pastures and getting her other 7 horses settled in and will pick him up on Friday.

Jinx bounded off the trailer in very good form showing himself off. He was in a large stall of the trailer in the front by himself and in good condition. Unfortunately he was unloaded during a nasty cold sleet storm we were having but found it comfortable once in the new barn. This is a handsome boy and he's very intense and sweet natured. I could make a mush out of him in no time easily. He's got a hip to die for and what a nice shoulder and everything else inbetween. He's been sad without a herd to play with, but between Michael and I, we are taking turns keeping him company and working with him a little bit. Michael's always had that "gift" to be able to have a calming effect on horses and horses listen to him, so he and Jinx have hit it off nicely. We know we can't get attached but this is getting hard.

Jinx had to roll in the only mud hole on the place and I've been after him with brushes ever since. Here he is in the round pen today showing me he hit the mud yet again.

Jinx.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The mud part sounds like coco!!!
wub.gif

That horse could find mud in the desert!
wub.gif

Good luck on the not getting attached ..looks like thats going to be one heck of a job.
wub.gif

Leeana

biggrin.gif

Thanks Marty for posting a pic of Jinx! I can't wait to pick him up friday. He looks like my shetland mare Benita except he doesn't have a stripe. I'm going to have so many Buckskins running around I won't be able to tell them apart. lol Thank you so much for taking care of him for me, you have been a true God send!!!!
yes.gif

Welcome to Tennessee. You will love it here. Where did they move to Marty????I'm in Knoxville...about 1.5 hours from Marty. When are you going to visit me Marty???

We certainly will miss Sheryl in Michigan!!

Nice looking col t- but why is his neck shaved like that?

So if you have so many buckskins running around you probably wno't miss one or two . . .

By the way, we have S N O W UP here today! #*(&%30B#!!@%&)@$

ruffian said:
We certainly will miss Sheryl in Michigan!! Nice looking col t- but why is his neck shaved like that? 

So if you have so many buckskins running around you probably wno't miss one or two . . .

By the way, we have S N O W UP here today!  #*(&%30B#!!@%&)@$

505646[/snapback]

You took the words right out of my mouth, Dana!!

Congratulations and best wishes, Sheryl! We certainly will miss you up here, but I guess we'll just have to go there to see you. What a hardship!
wink.gif

If you ever need a halter clinician for a spring clinic for your new club, think of me! I'll go in a heartbeat! (I'm only sorta kidding!
biggrin.gif
)

Well I didn't shave his neck, Erica must have probably when she was clipping his face up a bit for pictures or something, don't know, but nice to see the color under that fuzzy guy.

Sheryl, you'll be able to tell which one he is. He'll be the one slopping in the mud with the red ribbons......
new_shocked.gif
Do I dare????

Judy, Sheryl move to Baxter, a little place outside Cookeville. You can go down my road and go to the State Park (Fall Creek Falls) and then just a straight shot from there to Cookeville. Easy road. Now that I have someone to bum around with, I'll ask her if we can come see you! I'll bet she'll say YES! But whatchagottoeat???? lol I already told her a million times how helpful you have been to me and Timmy. so she already knows who you are. Everything you said was right and we couldn't have done it without you.
cheekkiss.gif

Godsend? No, PA>>LEASE........ Pain in the butt? Oh yea.....
biggrin.gif

No reason why his neck is shaved really. Necks are just my thing......what I have to have on a horse. I took pictures of all the horses I shipped out before they left and I just always take a strip with the clippers under the head and down the neck so I can see how it ties in and comes out of the chest. Just a thing I do I guess as I have to have a neck on a horse...........my weanlings are sporting the same do right now as I am trying to decide over winter which ones to show, too many I like.

Here was Jinx before he left out - I really like him a lot.

jinx111205.jpg

This is a better picture that shows his neck a little bit and profile.

I took this one later today when Michael was in there visiting with Jinx. See how this horse just looks and watches? Look at his expression. I love that in a horse, he is paying attention to what Michael is saying. This horse is smart! He's going to be so nice to train. Now if I could only train him to say out of the mud puddle.
biggrin.gif

Jinx2.jpg

Glad that Jinx arrived safely and Sheryl to. Glad to hear that you will be starting clinics and rated shows your way. Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.

Dana, Judy and Fran - I'll miss you guys as well but I am sure we'll see each other somewhere down the road.
yes.gif

Dana - The clipping that Erica does really is nice. When I got Star he was done the same way and it does show you what you have to work with. OH and that snow comment...HAHAHAHA It's 54 degrees down here today and they're calling for 71 on Monday.
risa_suelos.gif

Judy, if we can get a club going down here and have a clinic we'll be more than happy to have you as a guest speaker!
yes.gif

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving Day.
biggrin.gif

Sheryl - glad to hear you made it safe and sound.
aktion033.gif
Marty you have picked up a gem of a neighbor
biggrin.gif
and Fran you can just keep all of that snow in Michigan burrrrrrr
new_shocked.gif

I know exactly where Baxter is ...When I worked for Fuji I called on the little hospitals up that way..Called on the one in your town also Marty..I've been all over the plateau. It is sooooo beautiful and I love visiting but I like living in the valley..I'm skeered of heights..
wink.gif

WOW...Jinx is a very PRETTY boy!!!
new_shocked.gif

Sheryl must be on Cloud Nine by now...
yes.gif

If I ever move, it will be south. My son lived in Knoxville for several years and I LOVED that country...if it were not for so many vested years in our workplaces I think we would have looked seriously into relocating.

smile.gif
welcome to Tennessee! My Husband and I and our 3 Minis moved to Tennessee about a year and a half ago. We love it here but still miss the friends we left in New York. Don't miss the snow though!

Latest posts

Back