Weight

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nickysminis

Reaction score
I know this question has probably been asked a million times before, but i can't find the info i'm looking for, either on here or on the internet.

I have 4 miniatures, which i have recently weightaped for worming purposes, and i'm not sure if their weights are correct for there size, age , etc, for this time of year.

I have concerns especially with my filly. Anyway here are the details:

34" 9yr mini shetland Gelding - 210 kg

33" 2yr part bred fallabella Colt - 170kg

32" 9yr mini shetland in-foal mare - 200 kg (due around April/May)

30" 3 yr mini shetland filly - 125kg

When i can get hubby to help me with photos i will post them too, as i know it will be easier to judge from photos.

Thanks

Although weight tapes aren't too accurate they are very handy things for using to keep an eye on weight gained or lost, and I use them for worming too, as I find the one I use tends to underestimate a little, so I am constantly, very slightly, overdosing, which is the way you want to go!!

I would say the weights are just about spot on, very similar to my own.

You might want to convert to pounds, though, for our colonial friends not yet in the decimal world!!!
default_wink.png

Thanks Jane, you have put my mind at rest.

As suggested here are weights in lbs:

34" 9yr mini shetland Gelding - 462 lbs

33" 2yr part bred fallabella Colt - 374 lbs

32" 9yr mini shetland in-foal mare - 440 lbs (due around April/May)

30" 3 yr mini shetland filly - 275 lbs

Haven't been able to pin down Hubby to help with pictures, but as soon as i can i will post those to.

Nicky

Latest posts

Back