Weefoal help!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riven

Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could give me some help with the Weefoal 120 test? Last night I ran the test on a mare who looks in foal and hasn't been seen back in heat. Unlike normal, when I dropped the urine onto the test, it took forever to travel up the strip... I mean ages. I had added the first drop and waited, and when it just wasn't travelling I added another 2 - 3 drops to try to get it to move. It then VERY SLOWLY moved up the strip!! The last test I did on another mare the urine moved quite quickly up the strip and gave a quick result, and this one was sooo slow. Then eventually the test showed negative I have read today on another old post on here that it is the flooding that can cause a false negative, and you should wait for the line to travel before adding another drop... Whereas I added a few more to try to make it move. It wasn't overflowing or anything though.

Has this happened to anyone before?? That the urine won't travel up the strip for ages?

Thanks!

Liz

I am about to do two tests so does anybody have an answer for riven even though this was September of 2012. I want to know before I run my tests.

Thanks so much.
default_smile.png

This confused me since the OP said she added the first drop and waited. My instructions that I used says to add the diluted urine drop by drop slowly to not flood the well, and allow the sample to soak into the pad between each drop... then it says once a few drops have been added the urine will start to flow along the membrane in the cassette window.

It doesn't say to wait to see if each drop travels along the membrane so I think No don't expect it to start showing results with one drop. That's what confused me, it reads like Liz thought it was supposed to be traveling with the one drop. My instructions don't say wait for the line to travel with each drop.

Hope this helps Deb!

Okay, the test for my mare showed 2 red lines which means negative. I'm assuming negative means not bred. Am I correct?

I realize how stupid that sounds but after the Miniature Horse World magazine article, I'm confused!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes two lines means negative meaning she is open. If you flood the well on the test cassette it can make it hard to read the result as it can make a second line shadow appear. I let the test reach room temperature before using it as sometimes if they're cold that will slow the result.

Thank you AmySue! That's what I thought but wanted to double check. ??

Latest posts

Back