Website Hosting

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thunder

Reaction score
[SIZE=12pt]Hi all![/SIZE]

I was just curious about who everyone is using to host their websites. I know some of you have someone who hosts and manages your websites for you, but what about if you only want to rent the space and handle the designing and managing for yourself? Anyone feel comfortable recommending their hosting company?

Va Lynda Ann :bgrin

I do my own and a few other websites using Homestead. I've used most of the others over time, but find I like Homestead the best. They also have a few different plans, and a few ala carte option to suite different needs. There are a few that are cheaper and others I might use now, but our website is huge and I wouldn't want to move it. We've never had a problem with Homestead and have been with them since 199_.

If you're interested in more information, let me know. Here is a link to our hosting site. AmericanMiniatureHorse.net I have set up sites and maintain them, but would also help set up a site for someone new to this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use Earthlink and have for a long time (5 years?). I am pleased with them. The site package I have can do more than I use it for. It is $19.95/month.

i also use the yahoo business starter and highly recommend it. Its 11.95 per month and its huge. I still have never even come close to using all the space i have. Its easy to build and maintain and you automatically get put in Yahoo search which is worth a ton of money!

kay

Mindy at LadyBug Minis did mine with Trpod.com. I love it, if you click on my link in the signature you can view it.

I use the same as DakotahMoon, and only had one problem in the three years I have been using them. Robin (REO) maintains my website so I just sit back and don't worry about it. Until she starts telling me I need to update, then I panic LOL>

[SIZE=12pt]I made my own website on Frontpage and I use www.myhosting.com they are inexpensive, reliable, and fast. I think I pay $80 a year for more space than I will ever use. I could do several websites off it.[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
I do my own web site using MS Front Page and the host is www.fatcow.com $99.00 per year and more space and options than I use. I have been very happy with them and have had no trouble.

I use Homestead and since I have never done a website before they are perfect- very user friendly. If I can do it , anyone can. I have never had any problems.

My Webpage

I built and maintain two websites (and working on another two sites) that are hosted by Hasweb.com. $34.99/year and I've yet to run out of room on either one. One is quite a large site with a lot of graphics and I'm not even close to running out of space. You also get unlimited e-mail accounts as well as some great tracking features that enable you to see where your hits are coming from, what time of day, etc. etc. etc.

Shelley

I use Homestead and since I have never done a website before they are perfect- very user friendly. If I can do it , anyone can. I have never had any problems.
We also use Homestead. Easy to use and you can do it all yourself or have others do things for you. It is reasonably priced and are always updating things making it even easier to use and maintain. I knew nothing at all about websites when I first started it. Now I just wish I had more time to maintain it. That is the only problem with doing it yourself. If you don't have the time you may be better off with someone else. But then that also comes with a higher price tag.
default_yes.gif
:

www.filipowiczfarm.homestead.com/

Latest posts

Back