We won!!!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dorrie & Frank

Reaction score
Our entry to the Tomball Holiday Parade with the girl scouts won Best All Around FLoat! I didn't even know we were a float! Vickie Hillard and Teresa Palmer helped Scarlett and I getting he girls used to walking minis on halter and then we made costumes for the horses as reindeer and the girls were reindeer too. Vickie had her cart all decorated and drove Billy Ray. We had a lot of fun and never thought about the parade awards. Woooohooooo - go here to see the pictures - just click on parade at www.vltrnjd.com

Congratulations
default_aktion033.gif

Congrats Vicki.. Is that you in the ELF suit??
default_laugh.png
The Vickie in the elf suit in the cart is me JourneysEnd. The other Vicki was the photographer.

We have another parade Sunday with the Houston Carriage Assoc where we're doing a WhoVille theme. I'm the Grinch in this one. Talk about type casting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoopie....I was surprised........I didn't consider us a float. Still laughing at someone who saw Rocky (in his winter coat) and screamed "I've never seen a real reindeer!"

Journeys End always wears that outfit!!!!!!! The horses love it when she comes to do hoofs. (OOps ....just kidding) They really think she is the Grinch......now wait until you see pictures of her in that costume!!!!!!! Her humble assistant will make sure we get pictures.

Frankie and Dorrie (Vickie) should be on Project Runway....what talent!!!

[SIZE=12pt]You guys are so cute I could pinch you all to pieces! [/SIZE]

I hope on of you are going to enter the horse decorating contest!

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG! How cute! If you are a member of AMHR, please send this into the office and let them post this on the main webpage! I haven't seen anything with Girl Scouts done in a long long time!

OMG! How cute! If you are a member of AMHR, please send this into the office and let them post this on the main webpage! I haven't seen anything with Girl Scouts done in a long long time!
Yes, I'm a AMHR member. How do we send this in to them ?

Okay, WAY too cool.
default_aktion033.gif
Love the fur-trimmed blankets, the antlers, and the cart is just done to the nines. LOVE the green "Merry Christmas" sign on the wooden dash and the "Smile if You've Been Naughty" bag!!! Billy Rae is the coolest.

Congratulations guys! I think you earned that award.

Leia

That is SO cool! Our first parade this season is tomorrow- down at the Stockyards in Fort Worth. I can't wait, hopefully I can get some pix!

Lucy

Call the office and talk to Cathy B. Tell her you have some great photos of Miniature horses and Girl Scouts doing a local parade - don't forget to tell her you won!

Congratulations! What a wonderful group you had.

I couldn't see very well....were the horses wearing jingle bells on their feet? Were the horses okay with that or what?

Very, very special photos!

Yes we had bells on their feet and all of the girls had them on the off side hand. I started weeks ahead of time wearing bells when I fed and then putting the bells on the few I know would handle it and left them on for the others to get used to the sound. There were a few that said No THank-you to the bells on their feet but the others did very well. We ordered those from I think it was Oriental Trading company for $1.

Great job - and absolutely fantastic that you are working with the Girl Scouts.

Although I have to wonder if the cute little palomino is asking -- Does this bow make my butt look big??

Congratulations on the win, and with working with the girls. I'm sure they had a blast.
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif

Latest posts

Back