We survived Sandy (barely)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kristi0119

Reaction score
I'm in western MD and Sandy + a cold front brought us a very heavy wet snow downing trees and causing massive power outages. We just got our power back and it has been out since Monday! Many are still without power. The horses did fine - they are acting a little crazy because I think they need to get out and run. The only casualty was some of the electric fence in the dry lot - no biggie. Here's a pic half way through the storm - we ended up with over 30 inches!

2012-10-30_13-01-33_752.jpg

Thank goodness you've got power now. Flash's first snow was a big one. Glad your all okay.

Although it's not unusual to get snow in October, it's normally much less - a couple of inches or foot tops. My first winter with horses and this was not how I hoped it would begin! Oh well, we will survive
default_yes.gif

OH MY GOODNESS!! You really got hit hard with the snow, didn't you! Glad you fared releatively well.

Oh my gosh! That must have been something. I'm glad you have your power back on and that you're all fine at your place.

wow that's alot of snow. so glad you got your power back .......it's been so cold to go without power

we went 7 days in the summer with Irene I thought it might be better in the fall cooler ..NOT!!!...

..but it's been cold like winter. I sure feel for all those without heat .

Yikes!!!!! 30" is taller than some of the minis on this board!!! LOL!

Where in western Maryland are you? Says the curious fellow Marylander
default_smile.png

I'm in the Deep Creek Lake area (Garrett County). We have a ski resort here (Wisp) so snow is normally welcomed and expected. But snow here is not normally so heavy. It tore down trees, power lines, cell towers,even 2 main transmission lines. It just paralyzed us! Gov. O'Malley came out to visit Wed or Thurs. to see the mess. We are a tough bunch and this is certainly not the first time we have had extended power outages - just stinks to go through it. Where in MD are you located? I'm originally from Howard County but moved here 11 years ago.

Latest posts

Back