We know you love your Minis...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have had THREE different vets say ohh just put it down its a miniature horse you can go out and buy another one for $500 bucks
default_new_shocked.gif
Good grief, and I thought I had vet troubles. Better no vet than one who considers the life of ANY animal worthless. What the heck are they doing in that profession anyway!

Well this is one I experienced several times in the past week or so. When you spend several hours, shampooing, clipping, brushing, conditioning and let your beautiful clean mini back in the pasture and they find the best place with dirt, preferably mud and have a good roll in it. Geezz.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had THREE different vets say ohh just put it down its a miniature horse you can go out and buy another one for $500 bucks
default_new_shocked.gif
Good grief, and I thought I had vet troubles. Better no vet than one who considers the life of ANY animal worthless. What the heck are they doing in that profession anyway!

I have no IDEA. Drives me INSANE. And ticks me off to no extent.

I have finally found a vet that thinks its worth it even went against another vets recommendation to treat my horse who was dying at the time. I had an outstanding bill for 38 dollars with the one vet. (I DIDNT EVEN KNOW ABOUT) And thats why he told the other vet not to treat my horse. He was repaired to let my horse DIE over 38 dollars. As it was the 38 dollars was for sedation that was actually never used but was never taken off my bill.

SOME VET.

What I absolutely HATE is the natural herd heirarchy/pecking order. I just HATE the way they can be sooooo mean to each other, and especially the newcomers to the herd. It makes me to sad, and so frustrated and angry to see it, especially knowing it is all a part of who/what they are, and I have to force myself to accept it.
default_no.gif
Hey Mona, we hate it too, so what we do is pick someone in the middle to the upper middle of the herd and stall them beside each other and turn them out in the round pen together for a couple weeks. They become friends and help the "newbie" when we put them both out in the herd. They don't seem to be as mean to 2 horses (especially one the know) as they are to 1 horse.

I hate that when mini's/shetlands get upset when you're clipping or trimming thier feet that they ALWAYS find a way to Stomp directly on top of your foot. They can do it with any foot eventhough you think they can't see your foot they find it and stomp it. Yes, I got stomped tonight....and now it matches the other foot that got stomped last night and I wear strong boots to help, but they are not steel toed. :arg! :arg! :arg!

There is one conformational flaw I've seen in some minis which totally bugs me:

Horses with weak fetlocks....making that twisting motion in their hind legs as they walk. It's minor in some minis, but some really have it bad!!! I just can't stand that!

I've never come across a perfect horse (mind and body) but that twisting foot action, just kills me!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back