We know if Crystal is pregnant

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Diane, Caddy looked like that for awhile, and unless it was late season immaculate conception, she's just fat (and I'm bummed).

Crystalsowner, just a few questions: How tall is she? Do you know her weight? And, what exactly is she eating? [hay type or pasture? amount? any commercial feed? What? How much?

She doesn't look fat (nor "skinny" in the wrong places), but that belly is perplexing (could be baby bump).
She is 33.5 I dont have a weight on her, or any way to get one. She is eating mostly bermuda hay, with tiny bits of grass hay, a half a flake, feed twice. She really doesnt get much feed. But the half of a flake is pretty "thick". Its the way the hay breaks. But she does sometimes leave some left over. Some have said it doesnt seem like enough hay, but the fact that shes not eating it all, and is for sure not skinny. She is never on pasture with me and wasnt her home before me, but not sure the one before that. She is an "easy keeper" Im pretty sure of that. LOL.

Thats what just keeps getting me. Her belly is not even. It always bulges more on one side. I will start taking pics every week.

Looks like pg to me and maybe a little earlier in with the stud..... she's 19 and already had 7 foals..... so she would have some stretched stomach muscles. If you take a rear view photo of her every week you should she a difference in the side bumps... shifting and size
The lady I got her from was not very honest abut her. She was traded to me as a seven yrs old. But then after I got her changed the story and gave me her registration number. I knew when I looked at her before the trade her age was untrue. But we still really liked her. We didnt care she had some age.

She doesnt look fat to me, just perfectly 'covered' for a mare of her age. Neither to I see a typical hay belly. With those lopsided bumps, I vote that she's pregnant - keeping my fingers crossed that she is and that early next spring you will have a new little bub to play with!
default_yes.gif

She is 33.5 I dont have a weight on her, or any way to get one. She is eating mostly bermuda hay, with tiny bits of grass hay, a half a flake, feed twice. She really doesnt get much feed. But the half of a flake is pretty "thick". Its the way the hay breaks. But she does sometimes leave some left over. Some have said it doesnt seem like enough hay, but the fact that shes not eating it all, and is for sure not skinny. She is never on pasture with me and wasnt her home before me, but not sure the one before that. She is an "easy keeper" Im pretty sure of that. LOL.
Sounds like you are feeding her enough and she looks like she gets enough. If you would like to get a good guesstimate of her weight, there is a formula in the LB info pages that all you need to use it is a cloth measuring tape (seamstress tape) and a calculator; its a good thing to have a good guesstimate on as you'll need her weight for deworming and other meds when needed. Here's a link to the info pages: http://www.lilbeginnings.com/info/ The weight calculator is in the Miscellaneous section.

Sounds like you are feeding her enough and she looks like she gets enough. If you would like to get a good guesstimate of her weight, there is a formula in the LB info pages that all you need to use it is a cloth measuring tape (seamstress tape) and a calculator; its a good thing to have a good guesstimate on as you'll need her weight for deworming and other meds when needed. Here's a link to the info pages: http://www.lilbeginnings.com/info/ The weight calculator is in the Miscellaneous section.
Thank you. Ill have a look at that.
default_smile.png

Im so confused about this little gal. But its okay shes worth it. We sure love our mini. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back