We have decided to train our Miniatures to ride

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cherokee Rose

Reaction score
Please meet our new trainer Nala.....she has decided that Cherokee Rose Sheza Big Star is her new best friend
default_rolleyes.gif
: She sits and watches her eat her hay and is always getting a free ride.....the little filly doesn't seem to mind and I have seen the cat sitting on her for well over and hour at a time...several times aday.....it just to funny and just couldn't help sharing.......Carrie

th_scan0001.jpg

That is so cute!! :bgrin A lady I did a website for has a picture just like that, only the cat is sitting on a large horse. Hard to imagine they can get up there and get comfy with out digging the claws in and making their intended comfy spot jump!

That's cute! :lol: That is a nice, laid back trainer you have there!

Heheh, ours rarely get a ride but Gramma Pony does have a feline buddy.
default_smile.png

I think that's so cute. You should get more pics and share the story w/the World and/or Journal.

Liz M.

Oh how cute...

A few years ago I had caught a chicken at a rodeo, and my grandma's house was close by so I went to show her, and the chicken got loose so the chicken lived at my grandma's, and it was go out and sit on the horses backs, i wish I would have got pictures of that, but it was SO funny to see a Chicken on my grandma's horses backs!

Thanks for sharing that picture:)

Gage

Those cats sure seem to know where to find the warmkest, most comfy spots to lay down when they are outside! Sandy(A Stable Business) has a pic on her photos page too, of a cat laying on one of her mini's backs.
default_smile.png

Cute! We have a little black cat that has just recently taken to riding the horses too. She doesn't much care if she gets on a Morgan or one of the Minis. She was on Ashley (Morgan) the other day, rolling around & rubbing, & just about rolled off. She grabbed at Ashley with a paw & you could tell Ashley felt those claws--she flinched a bit. Another day K.C. got on one of the yearling Mini fillies & was draped along her back & croup, head hanging down over the tail--wish we'd have had a camera handy then!

Then K.C. decided to climb on Sunny, our cat-hating B gelding. He circled around a couple times trying to reach her with his teeth, & when that didn't work he took off bucking. K.C. went flying! We now refer to her as our little bronc rider!

Thanks for the smiles....GREAT picture and pretty horse! :bgrin

I wanted to tell.....I saw Pretty Please down at Lavonne's stable.
default_smile.png
She is really beautiful and always heads up....look at me
default_yes.gif
: Lavonne has a barn kitty almost like yours.....will see if we can tempt her to train the kitty to do what yours does.
default_wink.png
: Something to pass those long upcoming hours of appy mare stare, eh Lavonne???
default_yes.gif
:

Wish I had a decent picture of it, but our very first mini (MeeToo) would let the pygmy goats we had back then ride on her back. It was a kick to watch. Poor MeeToo, she would just ROLL HER EYES at me!

MA

That is so cute! Your horse is beautiful!

barnbum
Thanks barnbum for the compliment.....I really appreciate that
default_yes.gif
:

Thanks for the smiles....GREAT picture and pretty horse! :bgrin

I wanted to tell.....I saw Pretty Please down at Lavonne's stable.
default_smile.png
She is really beautiful and always heads up....look at me
default_yes.gif
: Lavonne has a barn kitty almost like yours.....will see if we can tempt her to train the kitty to do what yours does.
default_wink.png
: Something to pass those long upcoming hours of appy mare stare, eh Lavonne???
default_yes.gif
:
And Thank You Russ for your compliment as well.....that Pretty Pleeze is a beautiful girl ....I think Lavonne is going to be very happy with her
default_yes.gif
: all of my foals by Tom A Hawk are that way just like him very into whats going on around them....you never have to worry about them falling asleep at the end of a lead :bgrin And I think it would be cool if Lavonne had a horse riding kitty too :aktion033:

I'm glad everybody has enjoyed the picture....it seems we have alot of felines who enjoy horse back riding
default_yes.gif
:

That is so cute Carrie! Is that Softy's baby from last year? She is a beauty
default_yes.gif
: I love how cats and horses become such great friends. I had an arab mare that had her own cat, a siamese and she used to ride around on Abby all the time. The cat, Sally, would sit on the fence and wait for Abby to see her. Then Abby would walk over to the fence and let Sally step onto her back. It was so fun to watch!!

That is such a cute pic! My cat died a few months ago, but when he was alive and would go in the pasture, he would want to go up to the horses, he would rub on Merlin's legs, but my pinto, Percy would run him off. Percy run's everyone off - the chickens, dogs, goats. He does it in a very mean way, not playing like - he goes after them like a pitbull - teeth barred and hooves flying...I would of loved to have a pic like that of my cat to remember him by - he really seemed to like Merlin, but would run like crazy when he saw Percy coming.

Thanks for sharing!

Awwwww, Carrie!

Just came on the forum and WHAT A GREAT WAY TO START THE DAY.....that's so sweet!!

Who would've guessed a horse would let a cat sit on their back?

Latest posts

Back