We have a new ASPC Gelding....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flyin G Farm

Reaction score
We recently got an ASPC gelding...5 yrs old...definitely has "issues"...we have a long haul ahead of us to earn his trust...but we're working on it and hope to be able to get him broke to drive eventually as he's a very pretty mover. He is our first Shetland so we know nothing about any of his breeding...does anyone have any info about any of these horses....

His name: 2MS Moon Dancer

Sire: Burgie's Painted Tramp (BB) (Ivana's-Danny-Two x Ivana's Miss Burgie)

Dam: M.A.M. New Dawn (M.A.M. Happy Fella x M.A.M. The Countess)

Great Grandparents are:

Four D's Log Lodge Blaze

Ivana's Sweet-Sue

Sunny Acres Mix Up

Sparkling Burgundy "D"

Spring Fancy

M.A.M. Spats Miss Mary

SGT.'s High Fashion

Thanks in advance for any info...I have PLENTY of time before we'll be able to do anything with him really (see my post on the back porch about the reading Bonnie did for him)...so I figured I'd do some pedigree research in the meantime:)

Here is a not so great picture of him right after we brought him home:

dancer112-03-06.jpg

Tracy

The Ivana's prefix is a west coast prefix and not one I know much about. I've seen pictures of Painted Tramp before and he's a very pretty stallion. If you google him you might come up with something. Log Lodge is VERY old breeding - back in the 50's and 60's. M.A.M. is Marvin McCabe's prefix. Someone else on the list might know something about the M.A.M. ponies in his pedigree.

He's a pretty boy - can't wait to see what he looks like without his winter fuzz!

I'm not real familiar with the top half of his pedigree, but the bottom half originated in my neck of the woods in the late 6o's and early 70's. Spring Fancy was bred by Therings's (sp) and was shown by Denny Lang when I was a kid. He was very successful in the showring in both harness and hand I believe. You might check the congress results, not sure but think I remember him winning in the early 70's. Marvin McCabe ended up with him in his later years. Spat's Miss Mary was a double bred Snooty McGee. Marvin also had Snooty McGee in his latter years. Snooty began his early breeding career with McKenzie's of Diamond Pony Farm in Ohio. Wallace McKenzie was the breeder, his son Terry is still in the Hackney business and trains some of the countries best. SGT's High Fashion was bred right here in Indiana by Vernon "Sarge" Maddux. Sarge was a good family friend and bred several nice ponies using alot of Larigo blood and local bred animals. He passed away several years ago. Hope this helps a little. Good luck on your search.

We recently got an ASPC gelding...5 yrs old...definitely has "issues"...we have a long haul ahead of us to earn his trust...but we're working on it and hope to be able to get him broke to drive eventually as he's a very pretty mover. He is our first Shetland so we know nothing about any of his breeding...does anyone have any info about any of these horses....

His name: 2MS Moon Dancer

Sire: Burgie's Painted Tramp (BB) (Ivana's-Danny-Two x Ivana's Miss Burgie)

Dam: M.A.M. New Dawn (M.A.M. Happy Fella x M.A.M. The Countess)

Great Grandparents are:

Four D's Log Lodge Blaze

Ivana's Sweet-Sue

Sunny Acres Mix Up

Sparkling Burgundy "D"

Spring Fancy

M.A.M. Spats Miss Mary

SGT.'s High Fashion

Thanks in advance for any info...I have PLENTY of time before we'll be able to do anything with him really (see my post on the back porch about the reading Bonnie did for him)...so I figured I'd do some pedigree research in the meantime:)

Here is a not so great picture of him right after we brought him home:

dancer112-03-06.jpg

Tracy

Hey Tracy, welcome to the dark side! LOL Congratulations!

I have a picture of Burgies Painted Tramp, beautful horse

UGH fir some reason I can't post the picture but her is a link to it

Burgies Painted Tramp

He is in one of my mares pedigrees.

I do not have any information on his bloodlines but congratulations on a very handsome pony. :aktion033:
default_yes.gif
:

Thank you all for the information! And Annette...thanks for the picture...his sire is a pretty boy! I see a lot of potential with my guy...I just need to get through to him...and I know it's going to take a LONG time
default_wacko.png
: But I think it would be worth it! Or I guess if nothing else I'll just have a pretty pasture ornament...I could just sit out by his pasture and watch him trot around
default_wub.png
:

Thank you all for the information! And Annette...thanks for the picture...his sire is a pretty boy! I see a lot of potential with my guy...I just need to get through to him...and I know it's going to take a LONG time
default_wacko.png
: But I think it would be worth it! Or I guess if nothing else I'll just have a pretty pasture ornament...I could just sit out by his pasture and watch him trot around
default_wub.png
:
12-26-06 Hi! The Ivana prefix is a very well known out here in California. Ivan Paulson was a long time breeder, somewhere I think, around the Orland area. He died about a decade ago and all of his ponies were sold off. I heard that he has a son in the midwest who took some of them to continue breeding, but since I haven't seen or heard of any new Ivana's I assume nothing happened. We owned two mares that were by an Ivana stallion -- Ivana's Jayme-the-Great, who, unfortunately, is now a gelding. Our two mares by Jayme are PSF's All that Jazz and PSF's Fancy Shiloutte. We recently, with great regret, sold Fancy but she's on our Bloodline page and Jazz is on the mare page. In your guy I see more of the Ivana influence that the Spring Fancy. We love the Ivana's. They're a good boned pony. I always keep my eye out for the Ivana breeding because Ivan had a good thing going and I hate to see it disappear. Good luck on your fine boy. Ta, Shirlee

Latest posts

Back