We had A baby!!!!!!!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coopermini

Reaction score
Our first foal of the year! Born about 12:20 am. Skittles was our first due and was 340 days today. She is a maiden and almost 4yrs. Came in from Boiling maple syrup for the night and knew she was getting close after watching camera about a 1/2 hour she started active labor. We went out nothing. Waited a couple minutes and sac was showing one more push and we could see two feet. Had to help as head was not making progress. Mom and baby are doing fine. Got her to nurse but wished she got more. will watch and try again shortly.

She is now eating like a pig!

Pics in the morning (ok later in the morning) Filly is chestnut with a star.

Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations!! :aktion033: I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of the little girl :lol:

Congratulations on your filly! I look forward to seeing her pictures
default_yes.gif
:

Congratulations Mark and Gaylene!! :aktion033: Can't wait to see pictures of your new little filly! Have fun with her, our one and only foal for this year isn't due until July!

Jodi

Congratulations on a filly.

I too can't wait to see the pictures of the baby. What color, who is sire and dam?

Vicky :aktion033: :aktion033:

Big Congrats Mark and Gaylene. Will surely watch for pics of that new little one and lucky you a filly great start to foaling season. How many do you have coming? Only one here this year.

Congratulations on your filly!! :aktion033: :aktion033: Pics! Pics! :bgrin

Sorry for the delay I know it is not morning any more.

Here she is all 18" of her.

In my new PJ's:

april2007_018_medium_web_view.jpg

With mom

april2007_035_medium_web_view.jpg

Eating

april2007_052_medium_web_view.jpg

More pics coming later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all the nice comments.

Her Dam is Mini Spurs Rain Mans Skittles. 29" solid Chestnut

Sire is Runnin Bares Special Attraction. 30 1/4" Solid Chestnut with Star/strip/snip

We have 4-5 more due this year 3 this spring and rest later in summer.

***Just for Marty she is a 7/8 sibling to our filly Lacey from last year

At about 18 hours old we let her and mom play in the center aisle of the barn. What a prancer! She just bounces when she trots.

Mark

Back