We Got Lucky Again --Wild Colored Filly

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aww, what a sweetie! Her color is beautiful! I do love those nice appys! Hope she gets strong and healthy soon!
default_wub.png
:

Heres my monday update. Its about 7 pm so she is 1 and 1/2 days old. I am still syringe feeding her after milking Fancy. She knows food comes from the syringe now and sucks pretty good on it. She also knows Fancy has the good stuff too and gets an occasional slurp off of mom but cant quite figure out u have to stay right in 1 spot and really suck. I still try holding her up there and put her head in the right place and its SOOOO close to working but not quite. Maybe soon, I really really hope!! Her little legs are a bit stronger today so its all good. GO FAITH!!!

Its late tues. night/early wed. am. Faith is still hanging in there. I still have to syringe feed her and I worry as she sleeps most of the time. But she eats good when I feed her. I have been giving her some gatoraide along with moms milk and tonite added karo syrup to the mix. Worrying she may be hypoglycemic, figure it cant hurt. She gets a little milk from mom directly but still cant hold on and stay standing for long. So please keep her in your thoughts and prayers, we need all the help we can get.

Congratulations on your beautiful miracle baby!

She is beautiful and mom looks so proud!! I like her name also.

How is Faith doing today? She's so beautiful, sending prayers for her....

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lucky all the way around!!! Congrats on a live baby and mama!!! I think your new arrival will catch up quickly and but up and running in NO time. Bet she will be a loud leopard!!!

Sounds like you are doing the right thing- our vet recommended feedings of moms milk and gatorade every 20 to 30 minutes or so- and if she figures out how to eat on her own in the meantime, more power to her!! She also recommended the Karo too- gives them energy.

It is my understanding that premies do sleep more than full term foals...

Well today has been rough. I called the vet back out as she was not eating as well, seemed more lethargic. Figured I better get on it quick and between the call and the vets arrival she started diarrhea. Not good! She got IV fluids and even more meds than she was on already. I am feeding or medicating her almost constantly. Vets say with her being so premature there is just no telling but we are trying. Everyone that sees her falls in love with Faith and Momma Fancy. We took them out in the yard today while Paul bleached the stall and in a few minutes time Faith had a big mouthful of hay, weeds, dirt and yuk, the tech pulled an amazing amount out of her. So she is not allowed out for a while as they said a blockage is the last thing she needs! Hope she is much better tomorrow.

Oh I was hoping for a better up date but at least she's hanging in there. I know how hard it has to be on you all also. Keep up the good work and prayers are out there for little Faith to hang on. Life is good.

default_pray.gif
:

What happened with the little Faith Filly??????????????????????

Latest posts

Back