We did our 1st clip

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adell Equine

Reaction score
We face clipped two of ours minis yesterday.

One is a mare that has been inside for a while and is waiting for a baby. We were just going to do a bridle path, but then we did a bit more, then a bit more, and then well her whole head was done. We are not going to be doing her body until after the foal.

The other one is a chestnut and white stud we got in a few months ago. We did his bridle path, then his face and a bit off his neck to blend. Not too much as he is still outside. I also took him for a lead line with my girl riding him (he is a large B and she is a small 4 year old). I think if he is not sold before too long I am going to geld him and show him this summer. We were told he was broke to ride and drive. I guess I should look at a large harness.

Both were really really great. We have never done minis before. Mom does dog grooming so the ideas were already there. But we didn't know what they would do about the clippers, and they were really really wonderful.

I can't wait to do the whole bodies. I think the best part is doing the ears, they are all hairy beary and then they are all cute and tiny.

Congratulations and glad they behaved well for you.

I am always impatient in the spring - wanting to "unwrap" my buffalo and turn them back into minis again.

Would love to see pictures of yours!

JJay

DSC07317.jpg
I like this photo just a bit better.

That is Hubba Bubba he is the one we are going to sell, or geld and show this year. He doesn't have papers. We think he is about 8 years old.

And this is Hot Fudge with my little girl, you can see she is all belly!

DSC07307.jpg

And I know they are not great photos. I wasn't trying to get good photos, they are just just fun day photos. I want to get some really nice sell/web page photos when we have green grass.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty horses! Since the soon-to-be-gelding is so nice, have you thought of driving? It is so much fun! I'll bet your daughter would love it. He is a good age for it, too.

Marsha

Pretty horses! Since the soon-to-be-gelding is so nice, have you thought of driving? It is so much fun! I'll bet your daughter would love it. He is a good age for it, too.

Marsha
Yes we have thought about driving. We want to. But we are working on a bit of a set back. Mom had a driving accident with two large horses. She hasn't been able to drive or even ride on a wagon afterwards, and its been 22 years. She hasn't tried driving a mini, so we are really hopeful.

I am not sure I am ready for my girl to drive. She is only 4 after all.

You may want to do under her belly and around her sides right before she foals. I clip there to keep the hair from getting in the foals eyes if the mare has started shedding and is staying in the barn most of the time. It may be too early for her to shedding yet so be careful not to do it too soon.

Pretty horses. Let us know when the baby comes. We love the baby pics.

Freida

Silver Ridge Minis

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back