We bought a prospect!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lacie

Reaction score
We've been hunting the perfect prospect for MONTHS to find something within our budget, and we finally found him. He's by DSB FMS Bocefus (an echos captive spirit son). The lady said he's bay - but even though he's only a week into being halter broken, and his first day here, I introduced him to clippers. I started slow, and I have 80% of him clipped with absolutely NO problems. He is such a good natured little boy. Anyway, he has a dorsal stripe - but I'm thinking his sire is a sooty buckskin and his mom may be a smokey black. There's no way this little guy is just a bay. I'll be taking pictures for his AMHA papers tomorrow, and he'll be all handsome. He almost looks Grullo shaved, but I don't think he is. Neither parent is a dun.

He rode home in the back seat of the truck. He put up a little bit of a fuss for the first 30 minutes and settled right down. He also promptly escaped from the roundpen. So my mom and I went out. She called him - he didn't come. As soon as I stepped out and called his name, he whinnied and came a running XD It's never been so easy to catch a loose horse. He whinnies anytime he hears me. I guess he likes me from letting him lean into my hands around turns and at stops so he wouldn't fall. He is one smart little horse. He really caught on to the small halter session I put on him today. I'm even considering taking him to a show this weekend. Might as well start 'im young!

I expect he'll be excited, wanting to rear and be spazzy mister weanling stud colt. I think we'll go in the halter class last XD

Nothing bothers Rizer though. Tarps. Chickens. Big horses. Clippers. Water getting sprayed on his feet. Fly spray. He's been so easy. Mind you, this is the first horse we've ever bought who has never been abused to neglected, and it's so refreshing. Rizer is so laid back, I'm hoping to train him for the in hand hunters when he gets older. We're only keeping him intact if he proves himself. If he ends up getting gelded, he'll make one heck of a youth horse!

congrats! Cant wait to see pictures

Congrats! Can't wait to see pictures.
default_rolleyes.gif

I have Rizers little bay half sister here as well. I bought a mare that was bred to his sire last year. Renie is a really nice person to get to know.

The only thing about Bo is that he is too small for me, I like my minis 32" and higher, or else this filly would be staying here for sure as she is very very pretty and adorable. His sire was at my house for a few weeks as well, they are definitely just bay with dorsal. Even if his dam carried the creme gene that would not put a dorsal on him and I definitely do not see any signs of her being grulla rather than black. Someone originally listed Bo as a buckskin on his papers, but he is definitely a bay horse. My little bay filly from Bo seems to have a dorsal as well. We have not clipped her yet.

Glad Rizer found a great new home!

We don't do driving mainly due to a lack of knowledge, so size isn't a big issue for us. As for his color, I know he's not a dun - there is no possible way. It's simply countershading, but I'm not 100% sure on his color. I think we're going to send off for a cream test just incase. Too much cream in the past generations to assume he's bay.

I have his legs and the other half of his face to do. I will get pics up by this evening I hope x__x

Little Indian: My mom wants to know how much you want for Rizer's half sister. She's really been bitten by the bug something awful.

PIKCHUREZ

2l8kl5s.jpg

2yv43si.jpg

Not a good confo shot o__O His hip looks strange.. He was being a bit spazztastic in mom's hands - but she lets him -mumbles-

Left his ears unclipped because I don't have a mini mask with ears yet, and I haven't conquered his beard... I'm a bit worn from trying to clip his legs XD Oh well, he'll get better eventually. Other than that, he was really really good!

Congratulations on Rizer. He is a gorgeous little colt and small too! I think you got a great deal!

I owned Bo for about 5 years and took most of the photos you've seen. He was originally registered as buckskin as mentioned and I changed it to bay. He is a bay with countershading. I have a filly of his here that I have not yet registered. I'd love to see current photos of Rizer and his filly. Feel free to PM me. I still love that little guy.

There are photos of Rizer on page one at the bottom - they were taken this afternoon ^__^ He's still a weanling, I can't wait to see what he looks like as a yearling. It seems so far away but I know it's probably going to fly by.

Latest posts

Back