We are at the World!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GREENWOODMINIS

Reaction score
Hi Everyone...I am at the AMHA World show with my driving horse Curtsy. Thought I would give you all an update on the goings on...my husband tucked my lap top into my suitcase so - I can touch base...ok..ok he knows I am a lilbeginnings junkie :new_multi: and wanted to keep me sane
default_wink.png
:

We arrived on Firday and, starting setting everything up...wheeeew thats always a big job...snuggled with Curtsy girl for a while
default_wub.png
: and fell into bed very late...got up the next morning - measured in...set up more stall stuff...drove curtsy...washed curtsy...snuggled Curtsy more
default_wub.png
: guess you can see the theme by now.....sigh - so much to do
default_unsure.png
: and not very much time to do it.

but, even with all the hard work...I am having the time of my life...it is truly wonderful to see old friends...and, meet new ones...see all the AMAZING horses...which by the way are just mind blowing. the classes are huge this year - and, filled with fantastic animals :aktion033:

The tack venders are great too...many, many wonderful things to choose from...good thing I brought an extra suitcase
default_wink.png
:

The center ring this year is very pretty...actually one of the best I have seen thus far...very nice :aktion033: :aktion033: great stall displays...its so fun to walk through the barns and visit and see everyones creativity :lol: and of course see many well known horses up close
default_wub.png
:

We even have been puppy shopping...ohhhhh there are some cute ones that are tempting me
default_unsure.png
:

The ammy classes started today...wow is all I can say...very nice horses...looking forward to watching everyone...and, tonight we are giving a party for my ammy friend in her honor...mohitos and chipss and salsa to start :risa8: I hope she has a good show today!!!

thursday I show in open driving...I have been working very hard with Curtsy...my body has not yet healed from my accident totally...but, I am really pushing myself...at night my leg and shoulder ache...but, instead of feeling sorry for myself...I will use it for fuel to move forward. I have surrounded myself with positive people and concentrating on what I can do instead of what I can't. Curtsy has the biggest heart...and, her trust in me has humbled me...so, with that I am going to hold up my end of the bargain
default_yes.gif
:

I guess I feel just being here with her is a blessing in itself...we both have been through so much to get here...does that sound weird to be happy about that he-he I really am excited about getting to drive her...wear my new dress and, feel that cool breeze on my face as we enter the show ring...I am sure I will be a tad emotional...because just months ago...I thought I may never be able to show again because of my injuries...isn't life a ride
default_smile.png

Today as I watched the show...I was overwhelmed with the sea of truly beautiful horses...the exhibitors worked very hard to show their horses to the best of their ability...I realized that at the end of every lead is someones dreams...I wished them all well!!!

sorry this got so long...I will try to post more this week...wish these two old girl luck :488:

take care,

Lisa & Curtsy

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, Lis, we are all with you in heart and soul! Your description is so wonderful. That is the exact way I felt with Flirt. What an honor it was to be there. And win or lose, as you say, each person picking up a rosette is realizing their dream. You can only give them a big congratulations because each has earned it! In one class I went into I just lifted my heart and enjoyed the beat of my horse's feet in time with the wonderful music that Mark chose. No we did not make the cut in that very large class, but I had the feeling of such honor in the opportunity to show off my horse and our abilities at the biggest show in the nation. Truly blessed!

I am wishing you the very best drives, the very best fun, the very best of everything! You deserve it girlfriend and I think you and Curtsy are going to put on a SHOW!
default_smile.png
I am so happy for you that you made it there to show off the results of your breeding program with a daughter of your beloved Dickens!

YOU GO GIRLS!!! (((((Lisa and Curtsy!)))))

I have a lump in my heart..I can feel how much it means to you to be there..thank you for helping those of us not there to "visit" through your eyes..Best of luck, and hope you are too excited to hurt very much in the ring!

Maxine

What's that one Gary Allan song?

"Life ain't always beautiful,

Sometimes it's just plain hard.

Life can knock you down,

It can break your heart.

Life ain't always beautiful:

You think you're on your way.

And it's just a dead end road,

At the end of the day.

But the struggles make you stronger,

And the changes make you wise.

And happiness has its own way,

Of takin' its sweet time.

No, life aint always beautiful.

Tears will fall sometimes.

Life aint always beautiful,

But it's a beautiful ride."

May your ride be especially beautiful!!

Leia

Amy, Maxine and Leia...You all are so very sweet...your kindness touches me :538:
default_yes.gif
: !!!!! I will keep you all posted...ohhhhh, keep those fingers crossed
default_yes.gif
:

hugs from,

Curtsy& Lis

Hey Lisa, you know I'm cheering for you and Curtsy! YOU GO GIRLS!! :aktion033:

ahhhhh thanks reo...hows that new fancy driving horse of yours :bgrin

Amy...I ran into patty yesterday afternoon ...I ask is Amy coming???? she said she wished...me too
default_wink.png
: we both agreed what a wonderful person you are!!!!

take care,

lis

Aw, that is very sweet Lisa! I wish I was there, too, so badly!!! Dang work always getting in the way of fun. LOL!!!

You discribe it all so wondefully that it really makes me wish I could be there. I would love to see all the gorgeous horses!
default_wub.png
: Wishing you tons of luck and enjoyment. Mary

OH Lisa...after reading your post I "almost" feel like I was there with you :aktion033: ...would be so much FUN to again go to such a fantastic show and see all those gorgeous animals!!!
default_yes.gif
:

I wish you and Curtsy the BEST of LUCK!!!!

I will tell Twister his "cousin" is gonna do his family proud and give him something to live up to...I am hoping to be driving him this next summer after his life altering surgery.... :flirt:

I will second that - lots of wonderful horses here, great driving classes. I'm just watching them this year, and working on a replacement for my gelding who won't quite stay sound, but it's a treat to watch.

And be careful of those puppies.....there's probably one out there with your name on it! I brought my pup with me, his first horse show, and I think I've already worn him out. He's the little chocolate & white "border collie look-alike" if you see us here.
default_smile.png

Jan

Hey Lisa,

I don't get in until Friday so I'm going to miss Curtsy's driving debut at the World Show, but I'm sure you all will do great and I'll try to catch it on the web. Is she in the under or the over open class? I've never been to the show before so I'm excited just to be coming for the last two days to watch!!!

See ya,

Wendi

Hi Wendi,

ohhhhhh...it will be wonderful to see you :risa8: ...we are in the main isle of the Moncrief beside JSW and Southwick
default_yes.gif
:

We show thursday...friday...and, sat!!! so scream loud for me friend :bgrin

hugs,

lis

Latest posts

Back