WCMHR

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, if the quality mare you have wasn't brought permanent, you could have hardshipped her into AMHA (if she were over 3 years and under 34"... I have a mare in the same boat and I'm hardshipping her. I know exactly who her dam and sire are and I will be able to put their names on the papers. There just won't be any 'history.'

And, yes, I agree that papers aren't everything but it is a start.

AMHR and AMHA would be wise to encourage local shows to offer a few open "fun" classes for non-registered minis. It would be pure revenue and get people to come to shows where they might well become interested in breed showing and purchase a registered horse.

Susanne, I think that would be up to the discretion of the local clubs hosting the shows...

One of our local AMHR/ASPC shows offers open classes for non registered "ponies" under 46"--halter, showmanship, driving and hunter in hand. There isn't a lot of interest but there are exhibitors that really appreciate it. We also give a nice high point ribbon for that division. Last year we included a pleasure saddle class but we took that out this year--it unfortunately attracted some oversized kids on undersized ponies last year and we did not want to encourage that.

Yeah, I seen the same thing while watching the live streaming congress this year. I bought my daughter a big horse when she was nine because she was just to big for her 44 inch shetland gelding. I was floored when they had 18 year olds riding those small ponies with the kids feet almost to the ground. So sad.

True about registration into PtHA...though it took FOREVER, I did finally get the papers on a 'grade' B-sized miniature gelding I bought to drive...who is a minimally-marked Pinto. He has no other papers...nor did he need any to be accepted into Pinto.

Have to agree about oversized kids riding ponies TOO SMALL for them...whatever happened to common sense and consideration for the animal??

Margo

Latest posts

Back