Wanted to share some happy stories.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VernB

Reaction score
With all the sad stories, even my own. I decided to post some sucesses we have had. I know everybody has some kind of sucess story. This is just one of mine.

Before I got into minis I visited a place that had Quarter horses I saw that they had a 36" mini mare she was just fat. I could see that she was going to founder if something wasn't done for her. I offered to buy her. I got the reply " but our kids just love her" I told them that if they wanted to sell her to let me know.

years later( after I had about 7 minis of my own) she ended up foundered. the lady called and asked if I just wanted to have her. She said her husband was going to shoot her because she was sweating and wouldn't stand up or eat............

When I got there she was laying in the hot July sun sweating,Flies were covering her poor little face. Her hooves were terrible. With some help we got her loaded and brought her home. She could hardly walk but wanted to nibble on some weeds. I have no idea how long she was this way. She would only stand for an hour at a time about 3 times a day. We did alot for her, got her trimmed and on a good diet. and lots more.

I have had her for almost 2 years now. She doesn't limp anymore but her back legs are twisted in so much from carrying her weight on them,Plus being foundered. She actually had foundered in all four feet. and was really overweight for many years. She can't run real fast but she can get around just fine.

The day I got her.

suki1.jpg

founderdmin.jpg
\

Last Summer 16 years old. Notice her back legs.

Sukierag.jpg

Suki5.jpg

oh that poor darling girl!!! some people should really be :new_2gunsfiring_v1:

i have seen so much of this with our rescues as well...

BUT :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: to you, what a great job you have done with her. you can see it in her eyes in that last picture
default_wub.png
:

Great success story!
default_yes.gif
: She looks so happy and content. Pretty girl and she is so lucky to have you! :aktion033:

Its really a shame they didn't love her enough to let her go to you the first time round and save her all that agony!!! I am so glad she has found you now though. Thank you for taking care of her!!!

What a wonderful story! She's very lucky to have you, unfortunately for her, it wasn't soon enough that she came to you. She's a beautiful mini, I love her mane!

Thanks for the happy story!!
default_yes.gif
:

She is indeed a beautiful little mare - thank goodness you were able to save her.

Hugs to you and that pretty little mare!! :aktion033:

:aktion033: Wonderful story there are some real unfeeling jacka???s in the world that should not be allowed near animals. She looks very healthy and content give yourself a pat on the back..

Congratulations on a job well done! :aktion033: It is so hard to watch them try to walk when they are hurting like that, I don't know how they let her get in that shape. :no:

Latest posts

Back