Visited McCarthy's Lakeside Stables yesterday

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mulligans Run

Reaction score
[SIZE=10pt]I'm in NY - taking my parents to an 80th birthday party, and I decided to lookup the McCarthy's since that's who bred Miss Kitty. Turns out the New York State Fair was going on and they happened to be showing, so I treked up to Syracuse and got to see Miss Kitty's mom show in Champion of Champions and take it under two judges. Her full brother Matt Dillon just started showing this year and had done exceptionally well too. [/SIZE]

Anyway - just had to rave on their horses - every one of them is a WOW. They brought each one out, even broodmares and set them up for me. They are outstanding. The lines on these horses and the presence is incredible. And these are the nicest people. They took the time away from showing to take me to their farm and show me all these horses. Good thing I didn't take a trailer with me because there's a colt and a filly there that I would buy in a skinny minute. They'll be going to Nationals so....watch for them.

Just had to share - these people are wonderful and have an incredible breeding program.
default_yes.gif
:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Heather, are you stopping by? No pressure mind you..... :new_shocked:

heather, i wished you had stopped and saw john and i we were stabled with bruce abbott. we also went over to see the horses at mccarthys. there isn't one horse thats not a wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my favorite is lois lanes baby. i almost bought mom last year but hadn't sold my gelding yet. that would be the horse i see you taking home. bonnie eds wife took every baby out and set them up. they are really a wonderful family we show with them alot. we are looking forward to seeing you and lee and kirby at nationals you will probably be stuck with john alot he likes you all alot and always comes back with a wealth of knowledge see you in 10 days

connie

Awww shoot - so sorry! I looked around a little, but it seemed that the big and miniatures were all stalled together - kind of a mish mash. I hate that I missed you. Are you going to be at nationals???

Deb - I'm so sorry that we didn't make it by. Had it been just me and my dad it would have been an easy thing, but my mom is handicapped and would have rushed us...she's not a patient person sometimes.

We have to get up there and see your girls and you! Wish I had had more time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back