Vineyard Drive

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minxiesmom

Reaction score
We had a wonderful drive in the Applegate today, at Schmitt Family Vineyard. There were nine horses and drivers that joined us for a lovely day cruising around and through this pretty vineyard. By the GPS, we traveled almost 4 miles on the gently sloping hills. The gardens and ponds were so pretty in the morning light so we tried about every path we could find and made a few new paths of our own! LOL! All the horses were on their best behavior, including stallions and green horses.

After giving the horses a good drink of water and letting them stand tied in the shade, the ladies adjourned to the veranda of the tasting room and enjoyed lunch with a view. Lot's of laughing and stories were shared. An enjoyable time seemed to be had by all. Everyone is ready for our next driving adventure. Here are some pictures to show how pretty this place is. We are so lucky to live in an area that we can drive just a short ways and enjoy something as beautiful as this with our horses.

http://picasaweb.google.com/jamnjelly2/SchmittVinyardApplegate?feat=email#

What a great way to spend a Sunday! Lucky you! That looks like so much fun!!
default_yes.gif

Now, THAT's my idea of the perfect day -- driving, wine and luscious gardens -- how I wish I were down in your end of the state today!

A friend was telling me about going on a ride through some of the vineyards around Dundee and Newberg...we'll have to see about getting a drive organized. Too much fun!

Oh, Beachdrivers...

What a splendid looking day! You guys all looked like you were having so much fine and the water and mountains looked awesome. I loved the lunch picture...all your hats!! Wish I had more drivers around me maybe we could go for orange grove driving...darn...no wine though...shucks

That's awesome! I see some faces I recognize along with a lot of pretty scenery.
default_yes.gif
Wish I could have been there! I really, really, REALLY need to move to Oregon.
default_wink.png

Leia

That's awesome! I see some faces I recognize along with a lot of pretty scenery.
default_yes.gif
Wish I could have been there! I really, really, REALLY need to move to Oregon.
default_wink.png

Leia
Leia, you just come on down here and we'll get you set up. You might fire up more interest in doing HDT's or CDE's down here! We are SO lucky to live in such a beautiful place. I am always on the lookout for a cool place to drive, then I round up the locals who drive and WE GO!!! It is so good for the show horses to lose the check, and have something to look at besides an arena.

Latest posts

Back