24km vineyard pleasure drive photos

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jules

Reaction score
Had to share pics of a wonderful drive I was lucky to participate in. We drove through a vineyard region, stopping off at one vineyard for a glass of red, a mezze platter and scrumptious wood fired pizza. As you can see from the photos my ponies enjoyed a less sumptuous feast during the lunch break.

I was soooo proud of them, they kept up with the others who were all full size equines. They did have to trot along more to keep up, but were so willing and seemed to enjoy themselves...my gelding even gleefully pigrooted(do you guys call that crow hopping?!) on the way UP one of the final hills so I figured he still had some fuel left in the tank ;)

It was a wonderful drive and I simply cant wait to do some more social trail driving.

2014-03-25 11.47.22.jpg

2014-03-25 15.11.14.jpg

2014-03-25 12.56.34.jpg

2014-03-25 12.56.52.jpg

2014-03-25 15.05.56.jpg

2014-03-25 15.49.05.jpg

'sigh' that looks like a wonderful drive. I have sooo long to wait before I can get out driving again, first we've got to see the last of this 2.5 - 3 ft of snow and ice on the roadways and in the yard. Thank you for letting me imagine myself along with you on such a scenic drive.

It sounds funny, but I feel the last 2-3 months I have been restricted by weather too....crazy hot weather! Dec through to mid feb were just too hot to drive in, so I feel your frustration. Hope the snow doesnt last longer than expected. I cant imagibe having to care fir horses ir live day to day in snow!

Oh, I understand about not liking it too hot either. Last summer I did very little driving (or anything else outdoors) because it was so hot and dry here I just hated going outside. LOL, I guess that makes me hard to please, its too hot/muddy/too many bugs in summer, or its too cold/snowy/icy. Seriously I do go outside in all seasons but I don't care for extremes on either end much. Autumn is my favourite season because the bugs have settled down, its cool and usually dry. If the sun shines and the leaves have changed colour thats a bonus.,

Beautiful country! I would love to have country like that to drive in!

Reminds me of the rides we did sometimes in Germany in the Bavarian area when I was stationed there.

Beautiful country and thanx for sharing your drive with us.

Ice- ick!

We have had plenty of rain here lately which is great as we were in drought. I *think* the Summer heat has finally broken. The last hot day was Thursday and I think it was Summers last 'hurrah' and now we can just get on with comfortable, cooler Autumn. lol

The drive was in the Hunter Valley, New South Wales, Australia. I am intending on doing another similar drive soon.

have a wonderful first drive of the season
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back