Vic's visit to the mountain

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justaboutgeese

Reaction score
OK this is Marty. Vic logged in from here and I have to figure out what he did because I am logged in as him.

As already been said, we were sleeping in a little bit and get a knock on the door and from the vehicle we thought it was the game warden or something, we didn't know. Jerry says "you get it" and I said "no way, you get it" and then Jerry abandons me and takes off running down the hall in his underpants to hide leaving me with no bathrobe, no blanket, nothing, and hanging out of my little 10 year old tattered nightshirt and there I go answering the door, bed hair, squinty eyes and all. There may have been a thong involved but it wasn't going to be mine. So, here's this smiling cheery face starring at me and says "HI, I'm VIC" and did you know cell phones don't work around here???Duh. !!!!!! I DIED! I had no idea he was coming today. Last I heard from him, he said he'd give me plenty of notice. Oh yea, sure. And around here on weekends, trust me, it's a free for all. I don't do anything in the house all weekend except dishes and quick pick ups and live in the barn practically on weekends and pay no attention to the house. It looked it too.

Jerry and I got dressed and we did coffee for starters and then began to yak and met Devin and Tracey. It was like I had known Vic all my life. Then Jerry took off to work a little bit to finish a job he left hanging and I drug Vic out to the barn with me because it was feed time. While I fed and cleaned stalls, the yakking continued non-stop. We laugh a lot. He met Sonny and the Prancers. Loved them. Sonny was looking handsome as usual and the Prancers as cute as can be. I guess Vic was really surprised to see that they all do really wear those scrunchies., atleast they didn't get caught with their pants down. I got to show Vic how I speed around in my little poopmobile. He jumped out of the way a couple of times. He talked about his trip and how he was enjoying meeting everyone. All I wanted to know was I the only one that had a ton of laundry piled up in the living room. Boy that was embarrassing. If I wasn't in such a russ to get some clothes on I would have thought to atleast hide it in the bedroom.

He tapped into my computer while he was here to put that little notice up "guess who answered the door" and check his emails.

Then it was time for turn outs. First Sonny, then Nick went out to their assigned fields. He liked the way Nick is so mannered and stands loose for his morning grooming. Then I opened the door on the girls and it was LOOK OUT STAMPEED! Vic said he was more used to his horses that just hang around in your back pocket and follow you. Yea well some of mine do that too but not at morning turn out. My horses go ZOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMM in the morning. It was so funny to watch the look on Vic's face because we would stand there in the isleway still yakking and all of a sudden, there'd be this "little something" just fly past 100 mph in a cloud of dust and it was Timmy showing himself running round and round and in and out and in and out the front door, round to the back door doing his morning laps. Now you see him, now you don't. More zoooooooooooooommmmmmm.

After barn chores I woke up the boys and made everyone Belgium waffles in the waffle maker and they got to yak with Vic too. Michael wasted no time getting on the phone to all kinds of girls so I didn't have to point out which kid was the local Casanova. Dan showed him his 4 wheeler that he got running and they talked about engines and that kind of stuff. Then Vic was trying to figure out if he would move to Texas or not and what he needed to accomplish when he got back home. So I handed him a paper and pen and had him make a list of what he had to do, and then put it in order of priority. It began to make sense making a list so now he is carrying that around in his back pocket and he'll add to it as things come up.

Leaving was pretty sad. Michael had a fit and was telling him "no, stay, stay" but he had to move along. Vic had spent 5 hours with us today and It was difficult to see him head off back down the mountain. He said he was going up to Pennsylvania tonite and Debi's would be his next stop on Monday. But after that, you better lookout Fizzy, he wants to go across the pond to visit you.

Here's some of the pics I took.

Vic1.jpg

Vic2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That's so sweet... I loved the story and the pics.! Thanks for sharing, Marty. Vic, I've followed your posts and am so glad to see that you're making the best of this new year. Be safe and keep smiling!

Oh, that is wonderful!

Thanks for all the news!

Tell him to come visit me in southern Maine!
default_smile.png

Now that he knows what a pile of laundry looks like in the livingroom he will recognise it at my house :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tell he will get an Irish welcome if he comes here!

So glad you had a great visit!!!

Your horses are lovely!

Oh Marty, your visit sounded wonderful. The pics are great! SO..I figure he'll be here to try to catch me in my nightie? :new_shocked: Ain't gonna happen. I'm up at 7:15 to do the kids and let the dogs out. I don't wear a nightie so OMG......BUT I am prepared. Thanks for that. My house is clean(er), the guest room is ready should he stay but I have no groceries! :new_shocked: Oh well, we'll figure it out eh? Better git baking first thing tomorrow! I've got some frozen soups...onion, beef barley and turkey I guess we could use for lunch
default_rolleyes.gif
: course he'll want to go out......I have to think on where out here in the boonies! Love it! When did he leave?
default_unsure.png
:

WOOHOO lucky you.....I wish he was coming through Idaho I would love to meet the goose.......so glad you had fun.....

Remember our virtual forum road trips in previous years? Vic's actually doing it! But I think he needs to get a bus and pick people up as he goes...by the time y'all make it the west coast you'd have one crowded and wonderful bus!

What a special day you had! You are very lucky to have gotten to spend time with him. He looks great and what the heck...I am sitting here in PA and would have LOVED a visit
default_wink.png
: can't have enough hugs :flirt:

Oh Susanne! I do remember our virtual trip last year it was so much fun.

I vaguely recall landing on top of a bus mostly without clothing
default_rolleyes.gif
:
default_rolleyes.gif
: :bgrin

Thanks for sharing your visit with us Marty. The pictures are great too. Glad to see Vic is stopping and taking time to visit and meet forum members. Like they say, when one door shuts a new one opens. Look how many have opened up for him already, literally. Have a safe trip Vic where-ever you are
default_yes.gif
:

Great visit you had Marty! Doesn't Vic give the BEST hugs?
default_yes.gif
:

I'm mad that I had charged up my camera but forgot to get any pics. So thanks for sharing yours!

Oh it looks like you had so much fun!! Thanks for the pics. I think Vic needs to head out here to the West Coast!!

marty

i laughed so hard when i read vics first post! Thats some Kay luck there
default_smile.png
Looks like you guys had a great time. Fran and I are still waiting for vic to come to ohio!!!

Sounds like you all had a wonderful time! Thanks for sharing the experience.

Back