Veterans Day Salute

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AppyLover2

Reaction score
This is such a unique Veterans Day Salute I hope you will take a minute to look at it.

On November 11, 1918, at 11:00 AM, the armistice went into effect that signaled the end of the First World War. Though many in this country consider November 11 to be a unique US holiday, this day is actually celebrated in many countries. No matter what your political persuasion, we should all stop to show honor and respect for veterans on this day. This song is not from the US, but it expresses the gratitude to veterans better than any thing else I have seen. As the song says a pittance of time is a small price compared to what these individuals have given us.

You'll need to turn your volume up.

Nov 11

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a screen that says I need a login to view it but thanks for posting the reminder about rememberance.

I got a screen that says I need a login to view it but thanks for posting the reminder about rememberance.
Me too
default_yes.gif
:

Me also.

I have to say that if what is said is true and the US believe this is "an American" thing then they are wearing blinders!!

This is and always has been our Armistice Day- the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month, when the WW1 Armistice was signed, from whence comes the phrase "At the eleventh hour" meaning the last minute.

Although there are undoubtedly American soldiers buried on Flanders field they fought under our Flag or the Canadian one.

It was not until WW2 that America entered the war under it's own flag.

I shall, as will the whole country, be observing a minutes silence at 11o'clock, my time.

And I wear my Poppy with pride, my Grandfather is buried there, somewhere, as an "Unknown British Soldier"

Darn it!! When I posted it and it worked for me, I thought everybody would be able to view it. It's definitely worth a minute. I believe it's an Irish video. Wish I coulda shared it!!
default_sad.png

Latest posts

Back