Vacations- where are you going this summer?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Basketmiss

Reaction score
I am wondering where everyone is going on vacation this summer?

We leave for North Caroline on the 3rd and are gone over a week!! I cant wait! We will camp(in our 5th wheel-definently not roughing it) kayak, raft, go tubing, sight see waterfalls .go to Sliding Rock, fishing ( my husband) Gem mining for the kids, I ususally read alot, which is so relaxing for me..

I love to go and relax, we go every year here, its so beautiful we cant help but keep going back!!

Ok where are U going?? Or are you staying home and relaxing...

With the horses, I never go on vacation away, but home's my favorite place in the world.

But, this summer I will be going to Cincinnati (again), Santa Monica and maybe New York, all on business. H will be home for the horses (and dogs)
default_wub.png

Well then if thats the place you like best that is the place to be..

My sister keeps Bryson , Giddy, and Suman for us for the week.

I would love more minis but I know my husband wants to beable to travel some and if I get more I wont feel right in asking my sister to take care of them..

I keep wanting to get Giddy a buddy but my husband doesnt think so as long as we have Suman...

My wife and I are going to Maui, Hawaii for a week in August.

We're going on 3 Vacations this year!!!!

1) ASPC Congress

2) AMHR Nationals

3) AMHR/ASPC Convention

:DOH!
default_wacko.png
:arg!
default_frusty.gif

We are heading for the barns...
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_biggrin.png
We were told by a few of the residents that there was always something going on, and once nightly that there was a show that the resident child performed!! ..
default_laugh.png
!!!! And if you help do some things that there is NO COVER CHARGE! My Kind Of Place!!! And there is NO GAS involved, it is within walking distance, so we will pack a lunch everyday. I was even told that there is tons of fans and live music 24/7!!! Lots to see and do there! We are VERY EXCITED!!!!!
default_yes.gif

Theresa and Art

Im going up to Vermont for camp on sunday then after we're all going to a family cottage on the lake in NH for a week. Then in August Im going down to the camp for camp.

Everyone sounds like you are doing fun things!!

Theresa, I would love to do what you all are!!

Hawaii sounds fun too...

On our summer cruise. We usually go in Aug., Dec. and April. Dodging the hurricanes in Aug. is always fun!
default_biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Right now we have tentative plans for either one loooong road trip to MO, AR, TN, NM, AZ, CA, ID or we'll break it up into a couple of trips. When the day comes to pack the bags or motor home I'll know where and for how long.
default_wink.png
LOL

I am pretty boring too I am staying home and chilling with horses and llamas duh!

I won't be straying too far from home this summer. Gas prices here have really discouraged much travel on my part. I don't mind tho I am quite content at home with my minis, dogs and gardens.

I just wanted to add CyndiM I just love your last quote in your signature. I would love to put that in my garden, maybe on a rock (do you know who said it?)

We're hoping to head to Ohio to see family the end of July and once that is done with, down to TN to see Tam and Dan - not to mention, over to Tellico Plains to see our property and dream of what hopefully will be.

Barbie

No vacations here during the summer......... We are right now hoping and planning to go to Cape Cod this FALL.

Hi Reignmaker,

No I do not know who said it. I found this small wall hanging plaque with that printed on it and bought it. It hangs in my kitchen. I collect angels and I'm always looking for those types of things. If it were weather proof I would put it in my garden.

I'm going to Triple K Miniatures in North Dakota all by myself with no kids or husband.
default_aktion033.gif

Later in the summer our family will be going to New Smyrna Beach where we have a beach house on the Atlantic Ocean. It is truly magnificent but I'm always worried someone is going to be

bitten by a shark!

Between the horses, dogs and cats, about the longest we can get away for is a long weekend.

We have the beach drive in early September and the Happs VSE Driving Trials-Twice later that month...

Keith split much of his vacation into a series of

long weekends for shows and then a week for the state fair, but we haven't made it to any of the shows and now the state fair has dropped AMHR... We had another plan for October, but that is no longer happening, so we may actually take a couple of days and book a long weekend at the beach.

My cousins live most of the year in Mazatlan and are always after us to come visit, but it hasn't happened yet...

\B

Vacation? What Vacation?

We do not have time to vacation, summer is too busy right here at home; and with cattle, horses and dogs to care for, its too hard to get away for more than a day.

One day trips are about all we can do. today we are going to a rodeo. We'll get to the summer fairs and I might have time to go see a friend to see her mini foals.

It seems the only vacations I've had over the past couple of years have centered around dog shows :DOH!
default_wacko.png
But I've gotten to see some pretty neat things because of them!!!
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif

No vacation for me this summer (a week in Kentucky already happened in April....though not much of a vacation at all)...a few days here and there at some local Ontario dog shows. Otherwise I'm making plans for next year late winter/early spring....possibly a TN circuit and slightly less possibly another circuit in Louisville....and crossing my fingers Topeka, Kansas in April.
default_pray.gif

Staying at home, doing work, work and more work, enjoying the horses and dogs!
default_biggrin.png
maybe I'll even swim in the pool this year if the water gets warm enough LOL
default_rolleyes.gif

~kathryn

Latest posts

Back