useing farm name of stallion

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luvmymini2

Reaction score
I have purchased a stallion and bred him to my mare...my question is when the foal is named can I use my stallions reg. name Texas Bond Tanner in front of my foals name such as...Texas Bond Tanner's Kandi Kizzes....since the farm name on his papers isn't mine can I use it or not?????

I'd say if you asked the farm about using their name you probably could use it the way you described.

I wish I had the rule book handy.

This came up last year for debate and I really don't remember the outcome that good.

Have you already asked the former owner of the stallion?

I think they have to put their consent in writting.

I think that both registrys said that you would have to have a signed release (statement) from the farm owner to be able to use their prefix in your registration application when submitting it.

I'm not possitive but I think that is correct.

I hope someone else shows up here with the possitive answer for you but you can also easily call the registrys and ask them.

It's customary that you use your own farm name when the foal is yours.

I am just curious why you don't use your own farm name for the foal's prefix?

If you don't have a farm name, maybe now is a good time to get one for yourself.

Best wishes to you and much success on your new arrival.

If 'Texas' is a registered prefix with either registry, then no, you won't be able to use it as the prefix in your foals' name. Like Marty, I would use my farm name as the prefix.
smile.gif

I had a colt by Hemlock Brooks Silver Legend( who I had adored for so many years. I wanted to keep his name in it, but I named him TrueJoy Silver Legends Outrageous... was never sure if it was ok, but of course I didn't use Hemlock Brooks in it. The other filly by him, I named TrueJoy Obsessed with Silver. Atleast part of his name is in his babies names.

you do have to get permission. when fran recently bought a buckeroo colt from marie boone she got maries permission to use "boones" in the name. so she named the colt "tmm's legacy by boone" but she could not have done that without maries permission

thanks for the input..I don't currently have my own farm name so I guess this will be a good time to get one...texas bond is an old farm that has gone out of business I was told..there is no way I can get there permission..I guess I'll have to just work around it....thanks again!!!

Pat

Latest posts

Back