US Politics -- Tomorrow (Thurs., 6/28) is going to be interesting!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Tag,

you pretty much beat me to posting the same thing lol.

I particularly enjoyed the

"Limit of $500,000 annual executive compensation for health insurance executives (PPACA, 2013, pp. 1,995-2,000)" part...sorry, not really unhappy that some insurance company exec. gets his yearly bonus limited to $ half a million....paid for by OUR premiums while our costs go up and our coverage goes down.

MW, thank you for the link, but I'm probably one of the least likely people on LB to venture over to the Obama/Biden website and propaganda machine. I appreciate the thought behind you sharing it, but I will not be "dropping by". I do think, though, it's laughable to watch Obama try to spin his thesaurus and come up with something to call the the enforcement of the individual mandate... He said it wasn't a tax a year + ago, and he still wants to say it's not a tax even on the heelsof SCOTUS, the highest court in our Nation, telling all Americans that, yes, it IS a TAX.

Those people who think insurance companies, oil companies or ANY publicly traded company make too much money should consider purchasing some stock in the companies and participate in the profits.

If you think the executives of PRIVATE sector companies are paid too much, maybe you should become one? The government should not cap private success. The executive compensation is set by the Board of Directors who are accountable to the stockholders (the company owners).

Sounds like just another round of CLASS WARFARE to me. ... it's okay to be a success, just as long as you are not too successful? Please.

The solution to these high health company CEO compensation packages, and the REAL problem of too high premium costs for you and I, s COMPETION. Not government dictation. Let health insurance companies compete against state lines and see what happens. Implement Tort Reform and see how that helps the consumers.

There's not any shortage of information out there when it comes to well written articles and editorials about WHAT is in the bill, and what it means to Americans. Some want to know and be informed. Some do not.

The Chief Economist for the Wall Street Journal states that 75% of Obamacare costs will fall on backs of those making $120K or less. Personally, I find him to be a well informed and reliable source of information. He outlines exactly what is behind his statement below, for those who are interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixRRuzmxzTg

Last edited by a moderator:
A little comic relief:

523748_10150901453328155_1787134529_n.jpg

283730_10150902569903155_1925291821_n.jpg

376516_10150902572043155_1584472000_n.jpg

396693_10150902573223155_157192681_n.jpg

557183_10150903407948155_50735311_n.jpg

575896_10150903408183155_73966248_n.jpg

And one more, my favorite... and neither are more popular now than they were when they aided in the GOP 2010 victories:

295323_10150903408313155_2005510120_n.jpg

I love hearing everyone's opinion for our differences is what makes life interesting. Everyone needs to vote their conscience whether it's Republican, Democratic or Libertarian or something else. And on this 4th of July, I'm very thankful that we have this opportunity to bring diverse ideas together and share. Thanks everyone for the discussion, the cartoons and the passion we all bring to this topic. Happy 4th!

I love hearing everyone's opinion for our differences is what makes life interesting. Everyone needs to vote their conscience whether it's Republican, Democratic or Libertarian or something else. And on this 4th of July, I'm very thankful that we have this opportunity to bring diverse ideas together and share. Thanks everyone for the discussion, the cartoons and the passion we all bring to this topic. Happy 4th!
MW
default_thumbup.gif

We are so lucky to have the freedom and opportunities open to us by virtue of being Americans
default_yes.gif

Happy, happy Independence Day
default_smile.png

Aren't you supposed to be in a different class to commit class warfare
default_whistling.gif

HAPPY Independence Day everyone
default_smile.png

I sure hope not Sue, Obamacare will cost me more than private insurance (and I will get better care with private)...not to mention all the millions of jobs that will be lost.

Latest posts

Back