Uprising in Iran

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danielle_E.

Reaction score
I have been following the uprising in Iran since their recent election. I am thrilled to see so many taking a stand and demanding more freedom and standing up for the rights they should all have. I do believe that this election is not on the up and up and that tampering with the ballots happened.

I was watching CNN earlier and many commentators have different views as to what will happen in the next few days, especially now that their main cleric has got involved with a very strong speech to the masses.

I do worry for their safety because I think the regime will come down hard on them but I am truly hoping that more people join in the protests and that it makes it impossible to quash this movement. These people protesting for their freedom are extremely brave in my opinion and my thoughts are with them and hope and pray that this tyranical leader and oppresive regime, especially to women, are removed. The women that are out in the streets protesting as well are truly amazing, such strength and determination to bring about change and demanding that women in Iran have equal rights.

I was just watching their Supreme Leader's comments, telling all of the protesters not to come out, and if they did, the violence and bloodshed that would result would be their fault.
default_no.gif

This is going to stress out my boss big time as he still has family living there.

For those interested http://search.twitter.com/search?q=%23IranElection. This is there only means of communication witht he outside world at this time because the regime has blocked blogs, cellphones, etc.

It is heartwarming to see that many many embassies in Iran are accepting the injured protesters off the streets to try and help them.

I am assuming in the days to come that there will be protests at Iranian embassies around the world voicing loudly there solidarity with the Iranian people who are thirsting for "freedom" from oppression.

Last edited by a moderator:
Baharshahpar: RT Canadians - call Foreign Office to request opening of Embassy in Tehran for injured 1-800-267-8376 #iranelection (RT @persianq) less than 10 seconds ago from

kimmierae61: RT @EileenLeft RT From Iran: Confirmed: a friend has seen riot police throw 2 ppl in the fire #iranelection less than 20 seconds ago from web

2emc: RT Iran: i will never forget the screams of her family as that girl died before our eyes. Khameni you will pay for this #iranelection #gr88 less than 20 seconds ago from web
apparently a young girl was shot
default_no.gif
default_no.gif

Trying to get through to foreign affairs. I know one thing is for certain, if the Canadian government doesn't open the Canadian Embassy door to the one's needing medical attention, going to the hospitals is apprently not an option as they are being met and interogated by the regime..." I vow to you Mr. Harper, that my voice will be raised so high to get you removed as our Prime Minister and I am sure I will not be the only Canadian asking the opposition parties to have you removed as our Prime Minister.

Here is the statement posted along with the original video:
Basij shots to death a young woman in Tehran's Saturday June 20th protests At 19:05 June 20th Place: Karekar Ave., at the corner crossing Khosravi St. and Salehi st. A young woman who was standing aside with her father watching the protests was shot by a basij member hiding on the rooftop of a civilian house. He had clear shot at the girl and could not miss her. However, he aimed straight her heart. I am a doctor, so I rushed to try to save her. But the impact of the gunshot was so fierce that the bullet had blasted inside the victim's chest, and she died in less than 2 minutes. The protests were going on about 1 kilometers away in the main street and some of the protesting crowd were running from tear gass used among them, towards Salehi St. The film is shot by my friend who was standing beside me. Please let the world know.

WARNING - this is a video of the young girl mentioned above and if you have not read the above post be warned - this young woman's death is captured on video. DO NOT WATCH VIDEO unless you are prepared , EXTREMELY GRAPHIC

http://news.gooya.com/didaniha/archives/2009/06/089607.php

Edit: Danielle -- thank you for amending your post to let people know up front that the young lady on the video dies on the film.

thetilo: RT RT Canadian embassy is looking for doctors so that they can accept wounded #iranelection #gr88 phone (011 98 21) 8152-0000 #iranelection
default_aktion033.gif
FINALLY!!!!

Latest posts

Back