Updated pictures of Spirit <3

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

StarRidgeAcres

First of all I would like to thank Julie Miller and her family for hosting us during this photo shoot. It was without a doubt the most gorgeous setting I could ever have hoped for for Spirit's pictures. The lodge where we stayed in an adorable cabin was just so beautiful. But the setting where we took the pictures was just breathtaking! It was my dream home!! Thanks again Jules!
wub.gif

Now for the pictures. I ended up with 36 of them, but here a few to share. I'm still looking through them all so I'm not sure these are my favorites but time will tell. For those that aren't familiar with him, this is Ten Ls Spirits Afterglow. He's 9 years old in these pictures and was taken straight from the pasture, clipped (no bath, it was too cold in MO), threw Corona's old show halter on him and we took the pics. I loved him when he was at Seahorse Farm and I still, to this day, can't believe he's mine. I can't help but think he belongs at a bigger farm where he can have access to a larger variety of mares, but for now he's ALL MINE!
wub.gif

spiritleftbodycroppedweb001.jpg

spiritleftbody13croppedweb.jpg

spiritleftheadneck1web.jpg

Thank you for looking at my boy!

Very nice pictures & a very handsome guy you have there. I'd be proud of him too.
default_smile.png

Very, very nice!!! Horse and pictures!!! I love the first one especially but they are all gorgeous.

gorgeous photos of a gorgeous horse...He is really something to be proud of....

You have every right to feel thrilled that he is yours - he is beautiful
default_wub.png

Any time you dont want him any more .................
default_saludando.gif

Anna

Thanks Parmela! I cant wait to show these pics to my family.
default_smile.png
It seems this house gets used for tons of photoshoots, but this is the first time it has been used for horses.
default_smile.png
Its hard to believe that something so beautiful is located in the very SW corner of OK where most people think it is ugly. LOL!

You picked some of my favorite shots of him! Though I have to say ALL of his shots were great! Its hard to believe he is 8 years old in these pics.

I cannot wait to see the foals that he gives me next year.

Thank you all very much! It really has made my day to read all your nice and supportive comments.

This last year has really been draining on me. My work as suffered, the care of my horses has suffered, I've really lost my ability to concentrate, there were days when I did nothing but cry the entire day away. At times I cursed having the horses because it was 18 degrees outside and a waterline burst and I had to carry literally hundreds of gallons of water each day to the horses. So many times I just sat in the barn and cried and wondered if I could really do it by myself.

Well, things are better now. I still have days that I just don't know how I'm going to do it, but for the most part I'm really trying to remember what I loved about the horses and the joy they brought me each and every day. Seeing these pictures of Spirit reminded me why I do this. I love looking at these beautiful creatures and I love their unique personalities and antics.

Having 5 babies (one still to come) this year by myself has been too much and it makes me wonder if I should continue to breed. I really like the showing part of it more I think than the stress of breeding. I worry that Spirit is "wasted" here with me but hopefully he doesn't mind too much. I do believe he's in heaven right now that he's with Jules and Robin because Jules is taking such AWESOME care of him and he's got mares galore to "date"
laugh.gif
If he's got his feed, some scratches and some babes, he's good!
wink.gif

Thanks again everyone! He still takes my breath away.
wub.gif

Hi Parmela,

Spirit is looking great! Liz does a great job - glad to see her back out there.

Thanks for sharing...

Mo

wub.gif
wow

HE IS ONE FINE STUD
yes.gif
Great photos
aktion033.gif
I would love to own a dilute like him
yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts