Update!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shadyacersminis

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayres
default_wub.png
: , They definately seem to be helping
default_yes.gif
: ..We very much appreciate all of them...Our 2 mares are doing a little better now... Thier temps have come down and are holding, they are averaging between 99 - 101... They still dont have much of an appetite but do nibble a little bit ..... both are drinking small amounts of water and pooping just fine... They still arent back to thier normal selfs, Still just kinda hanging thier heads and look deperessed.... We still have them on Antibiotics, we have taken them off the banamine.... We have also cut the pain reliever down to a very small dose and only give it if they need it...

We still dont know whats causing this... The blood work should be back in the morning, we also sent some of the feed they were eating to a toxicology lab to test.... There isnt really much growing on our farm right now, Everything is still dormant, we are having atleast one freeze a week right now which is keeping everything dormant... I have looked around for any kind of poisonous plants and cant find any, plus, the first mare that came down sick was in a small drylot about 60x60 infront of the barn, and nothing was growing up aginst the fence anywhere... So I have a good feeling it wasnt a plant, The other mare was out in the 35 acre pasture with the other mares and everything out there is pretty much dead.... We also grow our own hay which is Coastal Bermuda, We keep up the maintanance in the feild so it is a really high quality hay with no weeds.. We have asked the vet just about everything that was mentioned on here... He dosent think its EPM.... Its just soo wierd that 2 horses that were completely seperated by well over 1500 feet for several months and had no contact come down with the same symptoms.... Hopefully the blood work will give us a little bit more information, we are testing for EEE, WEE, West Nile and a regular blood workup...

We still have them on the camera and are keeping a close eye on them for any changes.... We still arent out of the woods yet but are doing just about everything we can.... Things are looking a little better at this point but knock on wood that it dosent change.... Hopefully things will keep going uphill and they get back to normal soon... Again, We want to thank everyone for all the prayres and suggestions...

William

I am so glad that they seem to be better. I have been wondering how they are doing.

We will continue to keep them in our prayers!

Thanks for the update!!

[SIZE=18pt]Glad to hear your mares are doing better! :aktion033: Keep us posted on their progress![/SIZE]

Bill

Thanks fo updating us William. Continuing prayers from here too that they will recover quickly.

Have wondered how your mares were doing - glad to hear there is some improvement. Hope they are soon back to nomal.

Jan

Dear William, I am so very happy to see that your horses are beginning to rally.

I am so very sorry about the scare you have gone through. I still lean towards looking

into the enviorment and also "coccidiosis" which doesn't really fit the profile but never

say never. I will be so very anxious to see what the blood test results are and I'm so

very happy that you have vets that care so much. Godspeed William and please do

update asap.

Glad to hear the mares are doing a little better. I'll keep them in my prayers. It will be interesting to see what the lab work shows.

Hi Everyone,

I Have some bad news, Appy, The first mare thart came down sick has made a turn downhill.... All she wants to do is lay down, She has been laying down almost all day and through this evening, When she does get up or we make her get up, she isnt up more than 5 minutes before she lays back down, She has started staggering when she walks again, We are treating her for founder just incase thats whats happening.... She also dosent want us messing with her feet, She reached down and bites at us is we touch them.... It looks like its going to be another Loooooonnnnnngg night..... Her Temp is still fine..... The other mare, Dents Darcie Dee seems to be doing great today, She is almost back to her normal self, I just hope she stays this way....

Gotta get back down to the barn.... I will update again as soon as I get time

Was glad to hear both mares were doing better. Sorry to hear that one of them is not doing good again hope she improves. Please keep us all posted and hope all turns out well for you.

I am so sorry to hear that appy is having problems. We will continue to keep both mares in our prayers!

Hoping and praying for the best for your 2 very precious girls.

Back