Update *** Sad day at my House**

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WSR's_Judy

Reaction score
[SIZE=14pt]First I want to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers.[/SIZE]

I lost Gracie yesterday. I called the vet out Saturaday because she got worse, she spent several hours with her giving her IV's antibotics, flushing her uterus and she said it will be a touchy 24 hours.

Gracie's foal had a twisted cord around it stomach, so as it grew it was cutting of its own blood supply, so it had died earlier in her stomach before she gave birth. And because it died inside her it caused toxins in her body that we worked quickly to try to flush with antibotics but we just did not have enough time, so she died yesterday at 10:45 am.

The hay sample was good, so the only thing the vet could figure is she lost her foal before she ever started delivery.

My other mare is doing fine, we have her on antibotics and the vet is coming today to ultrasound the other four mares that are due in April.

I am glad that I have Gracie's daughter, and did not sell her. I had her for sale and decided to keep her. I was thinking of showing this year and now I think I will focus more on showing and less on breeding.

Gracie was one special mare!!

Judy

Sorry to hear that
default_sad.png
Glad you are keeping her daughter.

Leslie~

SO VERY SORRY!
default_sad.png

I know what a difficult time this must be. :no:

Judy, I'm sorry for your loss.
default_sad.png
I'm glad you are keeping her daughter. Take care of yourself.

Oh Judy,

I am so sorry. It was hard enough to lose that baby but now to lose your precious little mare is so sad.

Hugs and prayers for you! I know Gracie was very special to you, may you find some comfort in your wonderful memories of Gracie.

I am so very sorry.........Losing a mare is a hard hard loss, I know.

MA

Judy - I am so, so sorry for your loss...please accept my deepest condolences...

Liz R.

I'm sorry Gracie wasn't able to pull through. That's just the pits and I feel your pain.

Sending hugs your way.

I'm so very, very sorry. While all the horses are special to us, I know there are some more 'special' than others, and I know what it means to loose one of them as well. My heart goes out to you.

I am sorry for your loss, too.

NO!!!!!! NO!!!!!! Not Gracie!!! I can't hardly see through my tears to type. Judy, I have no words. I'm SO sorry. She was blessed to have been loved by you and she will never leave you or her daughter. I DO know how special Gracie was to you. I can tell that you are numb and in shock. I send you prayers and {{{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}}}

I'm so sorry and heart broken for you hon

I am so very sorry for your loss. Sadly anyone who breeds has or will go thru what you are. It is so tough. I wish that words alone could make it better for you.

Oh no, that is SO sad. I'm so very sorry for your loss. {{{hugs}}}}

[SIZE=18pt]I'm so sorry for your losses. I know how you feel.[/SIZE]

Hugs to you and the rest of your family.

Christy

Latest posts

Back