Update on Sally...maybe..?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LindaL

Reaction score
Update (maybe?) on our barn kitties...at least one of them...

When we got these kittens (10 months old in beg. of October), the woman who we got them from said she "was told" that they were spayed/neutered by her renter who moved out and left the cats. The male does physically look neutered, so I did not verify with a vet that the female was indeed spayed.

So, this morning I am out at the barn looking at Sally and thinking "You look fat"...but not really "fat", because she is such a little cat and isn't big everywhere like her brother Harry. It is just her belly that looks to be bigger than normal. I pick her up (she doesnt really like to be held) and try to feel her abdomen and to me it feels "firm"...Great! If she is not spayed, that means she got pregnant after we got her since she is an outdoor/barn cat.

I have not seen any signs of heat from her and have not seen any other cats in our area...however, right after we got her she "disappeared" for a few days.

So, really, if she is pregnant, I have no way of telling how far along she is. I am still hoping she really is "just fat", but what should I do to prepare her for a place to have her kittens in the barn if she is pregnant?

*sigh*
default_wacko.png

There is not much you can do to prepare a spot for an outdoor kitty. She will find a spot behind something or under something that she feels is private and have them there. You will know cause of course she will get bigger and be obviously pregnant and then disappear for a day or two come back skinny. Then I just follow them or see where they go to after they eat they usually do not stray far from the babies for the first couple of days. Most of the time once you find them if you move them she will move them somewhere totally different so you just have to hope she finds a place that is easy for you to get to so you can handle the babies

Have you ever noticed the in heat scream they have? Also do you feed them cat food as well? I have at least 4 females here only 1 of them are fixed, the others are not friendly enough to catch. THey all look pregnant all the time. When people come over they always ask when the one that is fixed is due!

If they are fixed and as they age they put on weight and hold it better. You wont beable to prepair anything for her, she will find her own place if she is pregnant.

Latest posts

Back