Update on my puppy, Baby Amy

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
Amy is now 10 weeks old and weighing in at 19 lbs. What a whopper!

Amy has discovered her voice. She is multi-talented. She not only learned how to bark, snarl, moan and groan, but she has taught herself to SCREAM at the top of her lungs when she wants something. Oh happy day.

She is also 99.9% housebroken. She hasn’t had an accident in several days. She taught herself to go to the back door when she needs to potty; stands up against it on her hind legs and SCREAMS like she is being tortured until I open the door. She also SCREAMS when she cannot find her bally or ducky and doesn’t stop until I am down on all fours retrieving it from under the couch or piano……where she puts them! She also loves to SCREAM in the bathtub at the water that is coming out of the shower handle. You’d think she was being abused. I never heard anything so nuts in my life. What a drama queen. Jerry keeps running down the hall "what's the matter, what's the matter?" and I just say "She's expressing herself."

Amy also is getting used to the truck. I take her for short rides daily up and down and we haven’t barffed in a week. She still is not very happy riding in my Rover with me and tries to jump out so we still need to practice that.

She doesn’t know any basics yet except “Stay,” sorta. We don’t sit or down or answer the phone yet. She most definitely ignores me when I call her, keeps on going and doing whatever she wants to, and she doesn’t understand “NO.” We’ll get it eventually!

Devin the bad dog hasn’t tried to kill her in several days and is now allowing her to sit and lay next to him. I’ve been following the Dog Whisper’s instructions on how to difuse an aggressive situation and it completely is working. Devin is allowing her to run with him and she has actually jumped on him playing and he hasn’t tried to nail her. He seems to be accepting her presence very well now. I can leave her alone with him for short periods of time now, without having to crate her. I snoop through the windows to be sure all is ok, but I wouldn’t do that if I had to go to town or be gone for more than a few minutes.

I leave the door to her crate open, and when she wants to nap, she goes in by herself. At night I tell her it's time for bed and she goes right in easily and hugs her ducky to sleep.

Her favorite toy is Dan. She loves to ruff house with him, attack him, and bite him. They’re favorite game is “I’m gonna getcha.” When he comes home, she starts barking and snarling at him right away, which is her way of telling him, “lets play” and then the games begin with them rolling all over the floor. She has bites marks all over all of us from playing so hard.

It might now sound like we made a lot of progress just yet, but she's still a baby.

Anyhow, without further adu, here’s Baby Amy and her latest pictures.

Yea, I'm a proud mama.

AmyandDan.jpg

Amy2.jpg

Amy1.jpg

She sure is a beauty! I'm so glad she's doing so well. Amazing how quickly some of them learn.

Continued best wishes and success.

Liz M.

Oh gosh Marty, she sounds like she's doing great! Not to mention adorable.....

(Love your wood floor!)

MA

She's gorgeous! Had to play with her tho...

poster4399498.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
She is so beautiful! You can see in her sweet eyes that she knows she is loved.
default_yes.gif
: And how proud she looks of her pink bandanna!
default_smile.png

Glad to hear that she is doing well. Raising a puppy is HARD work, but you are doing a great job! :aktion033:

Oh my she is lovely!

I haven't been on the porch in a while and hadn't seen all the updates!

Amy what a wonderful name........my dear friend shares that name:)

Sooooooooo glad you got a puppy!

I love the first pic with Dan, she will bring great joy to you all and some much needed happiness
default_yes.gif
:

I love her!!

She is beautiful. Can't wait for those ears to stand up - she is going to have a great set of radars!

Jean

[SIZE=14pt]she is such a beautiful girl
default_wub.png
: , so glad she is such a good girl too. Nikki[/SIZE]

Latest posts

Back