Update on my little dog, Sadie; she's Home!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kdtexas

Reaction score
Ya'll may remember that this past Sat. I had to take my little chihuahua mix Sadie to the vet. He had to keep her to run some blood work and some xrays; he also ran some barium through her at different intervals and watched it go through her system.

Well husband just called and she is home now. Dr. French really doesn't know what caused her to not be able to keep her food down for 3 days but Sat nite, Sun and today she has had no further problems and the medicine he gave her, metronidazole, an antibiotic, helped to reduce the inflammation of her small intestine.

He sent 7 pills home with her as futher treatment.

We asked the Dr. if acorns could have caused this problem and he said they contain tannic acid but that she would have to eat a large amt. to make her sick; I have never seen her eat an acorn just play with one so I don't think that was the problem. Also asked if our spraying the yard for mesquitos could have poisoned her and he said no, he didn't think so. She is an inside dog and doesn't stay out very long so no long term exposure to it.

I guess it will just remain a mystery and that's okay since she is okay now! Oh, what a relief to have this episode over.

Thank you all for your kindness, good thoughts and prayers!!

kd

Phew!!! I'm so happy your little girl is HOME and feeling good!!!!
default_wub.png
:
default_yes.gif
:
default_wub.png
:
default_yes.gif
:
default_wub.png
:

:aktion033:
default_thumbup.gif
: Now, that's GOOD news!

That's good news!

Glad everything turned out well. I am happy for Sadie and you.

Take care

Anita

default_yes.gif
: Yes, she is home on her couch, with her blanket and all feels normal again!!

Thank you to all of you for your great kindness and wonderful words of encouragment.

have a good week and God Bless all.

kd
default_smile.png

Poor little girl, I am glad Sadie is feeling better, and hope that is the end of her problems!

:aktion033: :aktion033: I have been wondering how she was doing! I am so happy shes home with her own little blankie now!!!!

:aktion033:

Hugs

Bonnie

Latest posts

Back