Update on my Boxer Puppy! (with pictures!)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyLilShowGirl

Reaction score
Ryleigh is now just shy of 5 months old and growing up SO fast--she weighs 36 lbs already!

She is fully potty trained for a while now and knows TONNES of tricks...I taught her some unique ones, other then the "usuals".

She has become more energetic within the last 2 months or so, which causes her to pull alot on a leash, when before she walked pretty good. I bought a halti to try and fix it, and so far she doesn't accept it--just shakes her head the entire time.

This is the look she gave me when I first introduced it to her...

Ryleigh190.jpg

Her favourite thing is going for car rides as I always take her somewhere new and interesting... but her favourite place to go is to the barn to visit all the horses! She just wants to play with them the entire time, although it's not such a good idea. She has already been kicked by a mini once
default_laugh.png

Here she is with a foal, and they are around the same age, Ryleigh is a month older...

Ryleigh186.jpg

There is only one animal that will play with her there...and her name is Marley the Saint Bernard! They love each other...in this picture, Ryleigh is actually leaning right on her!

Ryleigh185.jpg

And here are a few other random pictures, her in the hammock, playing with pool noodles and apples!

DSC03030.jpg

DSC03021.jpg

DSC03011.jpg

DSC03059.jpg

And her favourite place to watch the world go by....

DSC03064.jpg

Thanks for looking...I hope you enjoyed!

She is very majestic! What a pretty girl.

Thanks for sharingl.

Lyn

She's adorable! I enjoyed the pictures. Be careful with those mechanical devices for the muzzle area on your Boxer girl....since they have such short muzzles they can tend to snuffle them moreso than other long nosed dogs. When my Boxer was a young one and we attended puppy classes at a place where I would never take another one of my dogs to again (I did'nt know any better at the time), they suggested I buy one for her......used it once and sold it brand new in a yard sale for next to nothing.

Training, repetition and constant work is how my Boxer learned.

Let me just say before anyone jumps the gun and starts the flames for my opinion. I'm not saying this particular halti should not be used on her...I'm just saying that for me and my Boxer pup it was not the way to go.
default_smile.png

You have a beautiful girl there
default_wub.png
I love the pic of the close up of her face in the hammock. I just love boxers.

Her expression in that first picture is just priceless. What a cutie pie!

Thanks everyone,

Although I wasn't asking opinions on what or what not to use on my dog...just sharing a few pics.

default_smile.png

awwww She is so cute! i want one i want one i want one.

I found the Halti worked really well for my dog when he was a puppy. But sometimes i would forget it somewhere or my mom would not be able to find it when she was going to take him to the groomers or vet for me and he was really bad without it and would pull her around. So we started using a "martingale" collar I think that what it's called It works really well, it's always on him so we can always find it. It's just something you might want to look into if your puppy wont come around to the halti
default_smile.png

-Vanessa

Latest posts

Back