Update on Jill

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So glad you're home Jill!!!! Yes, lots of rest, don't try to do things too soon when you do start feeling better. So glad to see you post! I bet you'll feel a bit better tomorrow! I'm so glad this part is over for you!

Joyce

Thanks for the update, Kim! That's good news. I hope she has a speedy recovery. (((hugs))) to her from Matt!

Jill,

So good to hear you are home, and doing as well as you are! Just TAKE IT EASY, put yourself first, don't try to rush things! I know you'll be 'better than new' soon, now that the surgery is done!

Keeping you in my thoughts....

Margo

That's wonderful news! I'm happy to read you are home and they got it all whatever 'it' is.

Aww Jill its so crappy to hear about all this junk but don't fight the sleep. SLEEP is good for you. And when you sleep you don't hurt! Just rest, rest, rest, and don't worry about a thing, Harvey has it under control.......take those meds and get well.

Glad to hear you're home. Now just sleep and sleep and drink and breathe deeply....take the meds as you need them. You'll heal quickly. Do take a walkabout now and again, it will help you breathe and straighten.
default_saludando.gif

Glad to har that you are home and are doing as well as can be expected considering you just has major surgery! Sleep is good, but you also must move....You need to keep your blood moving and avoid getting any clots. You probably got sick from the meds because you have not really eaten, which is normal.

Keeping my good thoughts for a speedy recovery!
default_smile.png

Jill, so glad to hear you're home and doing considerably well. Enjoy the pampering for awhile and don't overdo it - you'll be up and about and in the pastures before you know it. LOL Great news! Wishing you a speedy recovery - our thoughts are with you ~

Great to see a post from you Jill. Updates from others are wonderful and very much appreciated, but to hear it straight from the horses mouth (so to speak) is much better. Medication that makes you sleepy is a GOOD thing. Sleep and rest, along with a little exercise, is the best thing right now. I expect those pups were glad to see you back home.
default_wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
So glad for Jill that all looks good! Best wishes, Jill, on your recovery! jennifer
default_saludando.gif

Thanks for coming on here to update your fanclub Jill! What a relief to here that you are home and making progress. Get well soon!

Great Scot Jill!!! Am shocked to see you posting here already!!!! Great news and so glad you are home and on the mend!!! WOW, what an ordeal! Simply amazing, but then, you are a strong and amazing person, so I have confidence you will be healed and back to normal in no time!!!!!!

Take it easy, dont push it! But sure glad for the posting here and to see your own post as well!

Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Take care of yourself! Glad you are home now and doing pretty well.

Peggy

Oh I have been thinking about Jill alot lately. And had to get on here as soon as I could to find out how she was doing. I am so glad she is doing good and in good spirits... My thoughts continue to be with her...

Thank you, everyone.

I am doing better each day, but as the pain killers wear off, it doesn't necessarily feel like I am.

Right now, I'm taking 1 oxycodone, 1 regular Tylenol and 2 Advil every 4 hours which is working better by far than when I wasn't including the Advil.

Tomorrow morning, I see the surgeon and the chest tube bandages come off, which will make getting cleaned up easier (since at that point the area should be washed and can get wet). I am going to ask to try the dilaudid (sp?) again. That is the stronger pain killer he wanted to use, but made me sick (empty stomach) in the hospital. I'm hoping it may agree with me better now if I can keep something little at least on my stomach before taking it.

When I read (books, magazines, computer) for more than a few minutes, it makes me feel nauseous which is why I haven't been on or emailing much. But I'm sure that will pass when I can get off the meds some.

Thanks again for thinking of me and I will post back when I can after I see the doctor tomorrow!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yippee Jill! You are getting better and better! You'll be back to normal before you know it! Get some more rest, and talk to us after the Dr. appt tomorrow! So glad to hear from you when you can!!!!

Sending you cyber TLC!!!!!!!!

I'll bet those tubes were awful. Glad you are on the mend. I only hope that the doctor can give you something for your pain.

I understand that people heal themselves faster when they are not in pain, so don't be afraid to take pain meds.

Some people think they are so "tough" that they will forego the meds, but it seems to take them longer to recover.

Jill, you have a lot of mini friends concerned about you. I hope that thought gives you some comfort.

Mary

sending you very GENTLE hugs and wishing you a quick recovery! Thinking of you every day!

Robin

Latest posts

Back