Update on College Station Police Officer who shot the mini

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rabbitsfizz and Warpony stated exactly the way I feel also. It is a sad, sad shame to hear of a mini being shot, but if it were another animal such as a dog being shot, we would change our way of thinking.
default_yes.gif
:

So...it is OK to shoot a dog that has been caught and is tied up...but it is not OK to shoot a horse that has caused damage on numerous occasions and, if turned over to it's owners, will do so again???

It was not HURT in any way shape of form, only killed, cleanly.

Would you rather that he took pot shots at it as it ran around harassing his animals (I bet it was a stallion!!- I have seen for myself the potential of a Mini stallion loose with big horses)

I'll bet that PitBull that killed Tony's horses was a gentle dog with his family, but it's OK to shoot it??

Even though it was a family pet??

Yes, of course it was and, like Tony, this man was at the end of his tether and did what he did to give as little stress to the horse and himself.

In certain circumstances I agree with his actions, just as I did with Tony's actions.
I agree with you. Judging just from what I have seen in news reports, this animal was a repeat problem. It had a well established pattern of behaviour, and it's owners had shown they were not going to keep it at home. If we took the words "miniature horse" out of this story and replaced them with "pit bull" or "large dog" we would all be cheering for the guy.

The thing that gets me, as always, is that this horse was likely simply following his instincts. And just like with dogs that end up shot for the same behaviours it has paid the price for belonging to people who can't be bothered to keep it properly confined. That angers me in ways I simply can not begin to express.

People are idiots but i have to say if there were an animal running around causing chaos and injuring other animals....yes i would do something about it...i dont think i would shoot it but I would make sure it didnt return back to the owners due to their negliegence(sorry for the spelling). I think it was most likely a stallion too. I have seen some pretty nasty ones that will do something crazy things when they want to breed...Its nuts how that happens but life. anyhow im sure theres 2 parts of the story and yes the paper doesnt always tell the truth..

Latest posts

Back