Update on CAssidy and some more news

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just read this post, I am praying for you. My little girl is a cancer survivor, so no matter what you find out, keep you head high, I know it is very hard, when I found out that my little girl had neuroblastoma stage IV I thought the worst, and although it was a long hard road, she responded well to the treatments.

If you need to talk, feel free to pm me, I know how you feel........ {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

I am so sorry for all that you've been through. I will keep you in my thoughts that things go much better...and she makes a full recovery.

Liz

We are here. It didn't take us as long as I figured. NO TRAFFIC!!! I'll post tonight on what they are doing. Thanks everyone and keep praying for CAssidy.

Christy

Surrounded in light...
default_wub.png

Well, this is what they said. It's a fatty tumor with a hard mass in it. It's very large for her age. They will be doing the biopsy next wednesday at 7 am. We will be going down on Tuesday to spend the night. They will have the results from that with in a week. IF it's benign (sp?) then the surgery to remove it will be easy and she'll caome home 2 days later. IF it's cancerous than it's a harder surgery and she'll have to stay for a week. if that's the case Tracy will be there for the surgery and then will come home once she wake up to take care of Noah and the animals. Our big horse Drew will be going to my instructor's barn so he'll be ridden and taken care of with out me worrying that he's sad because we aren't there. Plus all the girls at the barn will ride him while Cassidy can't. So we are moving along at a good speed. So hopefully this will be resolved soon.

Christy

I forgot to add they think it's a lipoma tumor (fatty tumor). That's what my husband had at the age of 18. His parents waited 4 years before they did anything for him. They thought his muscle was getting big from splitting fire wood by hand, but when his right arm started to get alot bigger than his left arm they knew something else was going on. So my kids get a 5 day weekend as we are taking my son with us also. We are staying overnight in a hotel with an indoor swimming pool so the kids can go swimming Tuesday night. I'll update everyone whan we get home Wednesday night.

Christy

Well hopefully we are off today. I have to call the Dr.'s as Cassidy has a stuufy nose due to allergies. Thet said if anything came up to call and check if they can do it tomorrow or if we have to wait.

Christy

Keeping you all in my prayers, and I sure hope it is benign.
default_pray.gif

Well we are back for now. They took 10 samples of the harder tumor that was inside the fatty one. Cassidy is sore, but over all okay. They said we might know some prelimianry results by Friday, but we might not know anything final until next week. It was a hard day for her as she couldn't have her meds for her ADHD this morning, so she fell asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow (litterly). I'll keep everyone posted probably in a new post.

Christy

Oh, it will be so hard for you to wait for the results! Praying that it is benign!!! {{{hugs}}} to your little one!

Latest posts

Back