Upcoming Foals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MooreAcres

Reaction score
Foaling season is upon us and I thought it might be fun to start guessing what each mare will have... Anyone wanna play???

First up: Blue. She is a blue roan with a star, homozygous for black -- bred to a solid palomino. This will be her fouth foal, so far she has produced three fillies (a black pinto sired by a black pinto, a blue roan with a star sired by a sorrel frame overo, and a black with blaze and two socks sired by the same sorrel frame overo). Due April 18th (330 days). Foaled last year at 317 days.

Second: Dijon (my friends mare). Shes a silver dapple minimal pinto -- bred to a chestnut pinto. Not sure of her previous foals colors. Due April 30th (330).

Third: Doll, a sorrel frame overo -- bred to my bay pinto. She has produced a bay frame overo filly sired by a solid bay, a black frame overo colt with a stripe sired by a solid black, and a black filly with a snip sired by the same solid black stallion. Due June 10th (330). Foaled last year at 342 days.

Fourth: Gem, a red with a blaze and sabino roaning in her flanks -- bred to my bay pinto stallion. She produced a palomino colt with a blaze sired by a palomino. Due July 27th.

Fifth: Mojito, a black with a star and snip -- bred to my bay pinto. She produced a palomino colt with the blaze and two blue eyes sired by a palomino (same as Gems colt). Due August 25th.

Any takers? Come on, ideas? Gender? colors? Will they go on their due dates, early, late?

Last edited by a moderator:
I will play.

first: solid black

second: sorrel pinto

third: Bay medicene hat

fourth: sorrel pinto

fifth: sorrel pinto

Just guessing, i know there are lots of other possibilities and I don't want to guess the sex.

Blue---Filly

Dijon---Filly

Doll---Colt

Gem--- Colt

Mojito---Colt

Just my guess, but it will be fun to see what happens.
default_aktion033.gif
Happy and safe foaling!!

Oh wow didn't think about colors. That's way beyond me. At least with sex I have a 50/50 chance. Not enough knowledge yet to start guessing colors.

I wouldn't even begin to know what colors but will guess sexes
default_smile.png
colt, filly, filly colt, filly

I wonder what I will get. My black girl was bred to my few spot appy his father is a buckskin leopard appaloosa and mother was a blanket. Didn't do any gene testing so not sure what they are or carry, My red and white girl was bred to my black stallion, The two girls I just got the pali was bred to black and white tovero stallion with two blue eyes homozygous for the black gene and the black colored girl which they said she wasn't a true black she has cream around the eyes she was bred to a medicine hat overo stallion who has tested positive to carry the lethal white overo gene.

smokey black colt

black minimal pinto colt

bay with star & snip and white sock filly

solid bay filly

bay pinto with one partial blue eye colt

Latest posts

Back