Unsuitable buyer wants your horse

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a woman, her daughter and her husband come to look at a big horse and a mini last summer. When the man got out of the car, I instantly didn't like him. The woman was OK, her daughter a little wimpy. He went to look at the big horse, the woman & kid wanted to look at the mini I was selling. I got him out, let them both lead him. They really wanted him, husband didn't know about the big horse. They led the mini up to where he was and after about 2 min. of conversation, I calmly went over, took the lead out of the kids hands and said, this isn't the mini for you and neither is the big horse. I walked away and put my horse back up. Frankly I didn't care if they were mad or not. Didn't really seem to be, but like I said, I didn't care. This man was very obnoxious! I ended up practically giving the big horse away, but to a home that loves him dearly! That's the biggest reason we no longer raise and sell minis. I bring them into this world and can protect them for awhile, finding them the perfect first home, but then, life may happen! I just can't take that chance anymore!! I know where almost all of the mini's we have sold during the past 10 yrs. or so are and have kept in touch with their owners. Unfortunately, there have been a couple that have slipped thru the cracks and for these my heart bleeds as I pray they are happy, were ever they are! We have been so fortunate that our babies have ended up in fabulous homes, but I couldn't keep on taking that chance with their lives.

Pam

She is going to take a very special person, so she will stay here until the right person comes along
Quite right too, we have...maybe 2 which a novie could ride......in company, with me riding shotgun on them! My own horse is so sensetive it it got him a bad name, I had him on 6 months trial as he was so nervous. It took me 12 months to teach him to walk! he'd tölt like a nutter everywhere. Now I trust him with my life, I cannot let anyone else ride him as if he gets mixed signals he bolts.....like he used to which got him a bad name!

Because Icelandics are small and hairy, folk think they are kids ponies, they are most certainly not. Like Shetlands they attract total novices because they are not scary like a HUGE Dutch Warmblood. Then they get spoiled by being treated the wrong way.

I say, go with your feelings every time, I NEVER sell a horse to someone I think is not the right person. It only gets me a bad name.

How many Icelandic s do you have?
Wish the some of the breeders would honest with their write ups of Icelandics. I have never owned or been around the cute Fuzzy super gentle ponies. They might be out there.....

The ones I have been have been Ferraris with lots of attitude.

Am Down to one.

At most I have owned 4 at one time, that was before I moved.

The others were sensitive but no where near like the one I have left. The others, a good Solid intermedate rider could handle with no problems.

The one I have left is not a bad sort,, just doesn't miss anything.

Am lucky have been able to head off any possible bolting. Knock on wood.

She has no buck, rear or kick in her, so that is a plus.

I can ride her, but at this point I would not let anyone do so. Most folks I know would never be able to handle her.

It is taking a long time, but she.. I think now,, trusts me more than any other human. This is just her Genetics. Her mother is the same way. She was not handled at all until she was 4 years old,, then she was started and started much too fast with the temperament she has. She will be seven this summer.

So will keep working with her.

Have been shopping for that super gentle Non spooky Icelandic,, but not finding any.
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back